Yoga Therapy, Behavioral Health & Paradigm Shifts (virtual event)
Thu Jul 22 2021 at 09:00 am to 10:00 amUTC-07:00
Los Angeles | Los Angeles, CA
Your Key Take-Aways:
- How Harvey’s influenced on policy change and legislation for mental health programs in the State of New York, and how his experience can be beneficial to the field of Yoga Therapy
- Some cutting edge human technologies like Peer Support Systems and Self-directed case, which go extremely well with the yoga therapy paradigm
- How money makes the world-go-round in behavioral health
- The need for research that shows cost savings from yoga therapy
- And some other surprises that Harvey has up his sleeve
Register online now:
Date: July 22nd, 2021
Time: 09:00AM PDT
Watch it live, or pre-register and you will be notified once the replay is available.
Our main guest this week is Harvey Rosenthal, a reformer in mental healthcare. He serves as a Chair on many committees and has influenced policy change for mental health care in the state of New York. Harvey has been working to help those with psychiatric illness for many decades and has wisdom to share with us about what might work in taking the field of yoga therapy forward. He is both a reformer and a pragmatist, for he has been around the block a few times. Harvey believes in a new model called Peer Support. We will discuss how this works. He is a leader in the new thought paradigm of “Self-directed Care”. The premise of self-directed care is that the money goes straight to the people so that they can decide how best to take care of their own health needs, instead of through a provider. This could be a boon for yoga therapists, as the self-directed care money could be used for yoga therapy, just like any other healthcare modality. We will question Harvey about new ways forward for the field of yoga therapy.
Yoga Therapy Hour with Amy Wheeler is an interview series which showcases pioneers, innovators, and practitioners in the field of yoga therapy.
All the funds we raise support the Give Back Yoga Foundation, a 501c3 nonprofit organization.