Walk with Little Amal - Luminato Festival
Wed Jun 07 2023 at 04:30 pm to 07:00 pm
Union Station Toronto | Toronto, ON
About this Event
Neighbourhood Arts Network invites all 2022 TAC Newcomer & Refugee Artist Mentorship Recipients to welcome Little Amal to Toronto!
Little Amal is the 12-foot puppet of a 10-year old Syrian refugee child at the heart of The Walk. Over the last year she has become a global symbol of human rights, especially those of refugees. Since July 2021, Amal has travelled over 9,000km and been welcomed by more than a million people on the street, including hundreds of artists and civil society and faith leaders, as well as by tens of millions online.
Little Amal will be greeted with Welcome Gestures when she arrives at Union Station, then led through the Financial District to Nathan Philips Square by drummers and butterflies. Indigenous leaders will honour Amal with a poem and a round dance, honorary grandmothers will offer words of advice, and the community will rejoice with music in the excitement of Amal’s arrival in Toronto.
- Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- Meeting Time: 4:30pm
- Meeting Place: Union Station Via Rail, under the big clock
- Amal's Walk will start at Union Station and end at Nathan Phillips Square.
- If you are not able to meet at Union for the start of the walk, you may also meet us at Nathan Phillips Square towards the end of the walk around 7:30pm.
- After the walk, there will be am opportunity to network and get light refreshments near Natahn Phillips Square.
Times are subject to change. NAN will inform all attendees of any changes via email or WhatsApp group chat.
All of Amal’s events are suitable for children and families.
Walk With Amal Toronto is produced by The Walk Productions and Luminato Festival in association with Handspring Puppet Company. This event is kindly supported by Rogers. To learn more: https://www.walkwithamal.org
Where is it happening?Union Station Toronto, 65 Front Street West, Toronto, Canada
Event Location & Nearby Stays: