Understanding Addiction Together
Wed Sep 15 2021 at 06:00 pm to 08:00 pmUTC-04:00
Zoom | Philadelphia, PA
About this Event
Our goal for this support group + workshop is to discuss challenges and learn practices that support each individual in moving forward with managing addiction and recovery in your life or others in your life.
September is National Recovery Month. We are joined by highly-trained professional and therapist, , who understands substance use disorders and recovery and utilizes these experiences to provide powerful recovery support.
- Understanding what leads to addiction and where addiction comes from.
- Looking Deeper into the concept of choice.
- Discussing questions and confusions to help reach clarity in each individual's experience.
- How to get started or continue to take on the challenge of recovery.
- Support for those who find themselves facing addiction in areas of their life or coping with loss.
We encourage you to join and invite others in your life experiencing or who have experienced addiction and/or recovery (ie family members, friends, partner, etc) to participate and find deeper understanding and healing together.
TWO-PART SERIES - Join us for either one or both groups on September 15th and September 29th from 6-8pm. Register for September 29th Zoom Link.
FREE or DONATION OPTIONAL - Donations will be contributed in support of Inside Recovery Family Group.
FOR ALL UPDATES:
MEET OUR SUPPORT GROUP LEADERS
- Founder of . Brooke is a licensed clinical social worker and a licensed drug and alcohol counselor in the state of NJ. She is passionate about helping individuals recover from substance use disorders and helping them to find peace within themselves. Her practice, Gaining Grace, provides a space to unload the chaos and to find peace of mind-- free from obsession, free from anxiety, free from fear.
When she is not working, Brooke's a full time wife, mama, step-mama and fur-mama in substance use recovery managing her own anxiety. Her experience brings both a personal and professional perspective to the work that she does with her clients.
- Founder of . Daniela Galdi, a Health Mentor, Entrepreneur, and Artist, is the founder of Still Standing Together, an empowerment community supporting individuals through their struggles and challenging circumstances in order to help one another move forward with hope and happiness during these times. She has been a professional and educator in health and wellness for over 15 years.
Daniela’s own struggle with anxiety, depression, and panic attack illnesses led her to spreading awareness on mental health therapies and solutions. Her mission through Still Standing Together is to connect people and get them talking to one another by sharing their messages of overcoming obstacles, managing and rising above them everyday. She uses her training in Emotional Empowerment, Self-Care, and Coaching to help guide the discussion, offer solutions and strategies to implement into personal and professional management for creating balanced, yet thriving, lifestyles. You can learn more at .ADDITIONAL
All Event Details will be emailed upon confirmation...
*Women of all ages (18+), races, ethnicities or identifications welcome.
*Permission & Photo Release forms will be requested from each attendee for participation. NO PHOTOS WILL BE TAKEN DURING VIRTUAL GROUPS WITHOUT PERMISSION.
*Due to the nature of our support groups, Zoom recordings are not available.
(We want our attendees to feel comfortable and safe throughout the event. Therefore, all event attendees have the option to not have their photo taken if they wish to have their identity and attendance kept private. You may also choose to delete your name and turn off audio and video on your Zoom screen.)
Support and Conversation to...
Receive emotional guidance, actionable tools, and ongoing support from professionals in mental health, personal and professional development, and spiritual guidance.
Connect with others, find comfort and inspiration in sharing, and begin to find ease in your daily life.
**We'll talk alongside one another sharing personal experience with other women who can relate and also hear professional insight from our discussion Support Group Leaders. Our past attendees continue to find comfort, stability, emotional grounding, motivation, and confidence through sharing and listening the stories and tools shared at our events.
**One of our goals is to grow your support system, offer relief through sharing in a safe, non-judgmental environment and provide you with tools and encouragement to take back control of your thoughts, self-love and life.
What to Expect...
- Honest talk alongside others living with paralyzing anxiety, worry, doubt, fear or negative thinking that inhibits from moving forward with passions, purpose, happiness, positive living, socializing, etc.
- You'll have the opportunity to ask any questions with the group. We embrace the power of a support group circle and the problem-solving development through workshops to share struggles & feelings, explore self-discovery, and build new skills. (Participation in group discussion is optional but highly encouraged. Some share, some choose to sit back and take it all in. We want you to do what is best for you.)
- In a warm, compassionate, confidential, and safe environment, we’ll be talking openly on identifying and reducing negative thoughts to overcome the stresses of daily life in a support group setting while providing tools and resources for coping and support in knowing they are not alone in what they are experiencing or struggling with.
- Our group leaders will help you find hope, courage and ways to cope and face your struggles by sharing their experience and expertise.
There’s a fit for everyone with Still Standing Together. Our efforts focus on providing unity through a warm & welcoming community as well as reducing the stresses of daily life so you can focus on getting back on track. It is a truly compassionate environment where you are never alone.
Our group leaders provide guidance on how to overcome those challenges through well-defined strategies. Join our online community on Instagram and Private Facebook Group, or listen to Still Standing Podcast episodes for ongoing inspiration.
We help you get back on your feet.
For more information, visit or email [email protected]
Where is it happening?Zoom, Virtual Meeting via Private Zoom Link, Philadelphia, United States