The Write Stuff Conference with Jane Considine in Manchester
Fri Mar 25 2022 at 09:00 am to 03:45 pm
Clayton Hotel Manchester City Centre | Manchester, EN
About this Event
The Write Stuff Conference with Jane Considine is a one day event being held at the Clayton Hotel in Manchester.
Learn The Write Stuff system through a one day training course with creator, Jane Considine. You will spend the day learning the system amongst like-minded teachers and those within the teaching profession. You will be armed with the tools and techniques needed to implement the system immediately into your classroom.
"I honestly believe this is the most meaningful and powerful course you can go on as a primary school teacher. The impact that 'The Write Stuff' approach has had within my own classroom is incredible. It is easy to implement following Jane's training and can be done completely at your own pace. The high quality modelling enables the children to succeed when they come to do their own independent writing and they love to see their own work regularly celebrated on the wall in the Sentence Stacking. The fact that everything is so visual has helped with my setting where a high proportion of children are EAL. 'The Write Stuff' has totally revolutionised my current practice and produced some really incredible writing that the children are proud of. Who doesn't want a vocabulary rich classroom where children are excited to write?" - Helen Buckingham, Year 2 Teacher
What is The Write Stuff?
The Write Stuff is based on two guiding principles; teaching sequences that slide between experience days and sentence stacking lessons. With modelling at the heart of them, the sentence stacking lessons are broken into bite-sized chunks and taught under the structural framework of The Writing Rainbow. Teachers prepare children for writing by modelling the ideas, grammar or techniques of writing.
Key benefits of The Write Stuff:
- Support for teachers so that they have a deeper and more flexible knowledge of sentence structure.
- Pupils who understand how to apply sentence scaffolds to their independent writing as they develop their expertise.
- Standards improve because many worked examples are provided over the year that extend understanding through a wide range of genres and non-fiction text types.
- Children have a clear view of what high quality writing looks like and their learning is structured clearly and misconceptions dealt with.
- Pupils know how to improve their writing and make it more focussed and actionable feedback is provided to guide their learning.
- Children have a concept of how to build, plan and complete a piece of writing due to narrative maps and non-fiction shapes.
- Teachers have clear pathways of how to guide pupils in weak areas such as cohesion and paragraphs.
Please email [email protected] if you have any queries or would like to know more. Invoice payments possible.
This is a one day, ticketed event. It is due to go ahead following the most recent guidance from the Government. If any changes to the event occur, all ticket holders will be notified.
- Bookings are non-refundable if cancelled within 14 days of the event.
- Eventbrite booking fees are non-refundable. If you cancel your ticket, you will receive a refund minus the cost of the booking fee.
- The ticket price includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
This is a one day event to be held in Manchester at The Clayton Hotel.
Address: The Clayton Hotel, Manchester City Centre, 55 Portland Street, Manchester, M1 3HP
Staying at The Clayton Hotel
If you wish to stay overnight, there are rooms available to book at the hotel. Please contact the hotel directly to book your room.
Driving to The Clayton Hotel
The hotel provides directions, these can be found on the website here.
There is an NCP car park a 3 minute walk away from the hotel. Please visit reception before leaving to have your car parking at a discounted rate.
If you have any questions regarding the parking, please contact the hotel directly.
Arriving by train to The Clayton Hotel
The closest train stations are:
- Piccadilly Train Station
Where is it happening?Clayton Hotel Manchester City Centre, 55 Portland Street, Manchester, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
GBP 161.00 to GBP 179.00