The R tidyverse workshop - January 2022
Mon Jan 31 2022 at 01:00 pm to Fri Feb 04 2022 at 04:00 pm
Room 121 LSK | Vancouver, BC
About this Event
About the Workshop Series
In this workshop, we delve into data manipulation using dplyr / tidyr and graphics with ggplot in R. We teach different ways to manipulate data in tabular and text forms as well as the critical concepts underlying the grammar of graphics and how they are implemented in R. We will use RStudio, a powerful but user-friendly R environment, and teach you how to use it effectively.
You will learn how to:
- create an R project and import data from a file into R
- create subsets of rows or columns from data frames using dplyr
- select pieces of an object by indexing using element names or position
- change your data frames between wide and narrow formats
- create various types of graphics
- modify the various features of a graphic
- save your graphic in various formats
This workshop will take place in person, if there are any changes, we will change it to Zoom and a Zoom link will be provided to participants prior to the workshop via email.
This is a 2 part workshop series. Your registration covers 2 sessions, totaling 6 hours of instruction.
- Day 1: Monday, Jan 31, 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Day 2: Friday, Feb 4, 1:00 - 4:00pm
Funding and Fees
ECOSCOPE workshop fees are collected on a cost-recovery basis only. We strongly encourage students and postdocs interested to ask their research supervisors to cover these fees in order to sustain the workshop initiative. Supervisor payments can be made directly to ECOSCOPE using journal vouchers. Contact us for more information on how to effect this process.
“Introduction to R”, EDUCE modules in MICB 301/405/425, or equivalent knowledge of R.
For questions or further inquires, please contact ECOSCOPE at [email protected] For more events, take a look at our event calendar
Where is it happening?Room 121 LSK, Leonard S. Klinck Building, Vancouver, Canada
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
CAD 10.00 to CAD 200.00