The NHS Patient Safety Conference 2022 - Free for the NHS
Wed Jun 08 2022 at 08:00 am to 03:00 pmUTC+01:00
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce | Manchester, EN
About this Event
The NHS Patient Safety Conference 2022: Breaking a culture of defensiveness
A top health service watchdog recently announced that Little progress” has been made improving patient safety in the NHS over the past 20 years with Serious accidents such as surgery on the wrong part of the body remain commonplace.
It has been reported that a lack in patient safety leadership and a “blame game” culture is playing a key role in the lack of safety progression over the last 20 years, our upcoming Patient Safety congress will open the debate surrounding NHS patient safety and provide clear guidelines on how as a collective we can improve the culture and ultimately the safety of patients.
2019 saw the NHS patient safety strategy published, the document provides a framework to enable a culture transition from “blame to learning”, the document sets out 3 key principles to help achieve this; Insight – Improving understanding of safety by drawing intelligence from multiple sources of patient safety information / Involvement – Equipping patients, staff and partners with the skills and opportunities to improve patient safety throughout the whole system / Improvement – Designing and supporting programs that deliver effective and sustainable change in the most important areas.
In addition to broader changes in the way the NHS thinks about patient safety, the document outlines a number of more specific initiatives tasked with improving individual aspects of the patient safety framework:
• Patient safety incident response framework
• Medical examiner system
• National Patient Safety Alerts Committee (NaPSAC)
• Patient safety partners (PSPs)
• Patient safety specialists (PSS)
Benefits of attendance:
• Listen to the latest policy developments and live best practice sharing sessions
• Input directly to the discussions and panel debate sessions
• Take part in engaging and collaborative networking sessions with public sector peers from across multiple originations and regions
• Gain 8 CPD Points
• Meet with 10 innovative and strategically chosen commercial providers that are helping to drive innovation within the public sector
• Enjoy hot breakfast and lunch provided on the day along with all the coffee you can drink.
Research sources: The Telegraph, NHS Improvement. The NHS patient safety strategy
Where is it happening?Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: