The Interstitium: A Space for Stories of Illness, Wellness, and Beyond
Sat Feb 04 2023 at 07:00 pm to 09:00 pm
Shafer Baillie Mansion Bed & Breakfast | Seattle, WA
About this Event
We invite you to listen to/tell a health-related story on the theme "Now What?"
Your story can be funny, serious, heartfelt, absurd, lyrical, etc. It can be expressed as a narrative, poem, song, movement, or any genre of your liking. We are seeking story-tellers and story-appreciators, as we gather together to build a narrative medicine community.
- 7 minutes or less
- may be read from a written story, or told extemporaneously
- please maintain patient/people privacy and don't use actual names unless you have permission
- story content can range from serious to funny to absurd to dramatic
- the event will not be recorded
- the event will not be judged
We reserve the right to curate the event. We strive to maintain an emotionally safe environment for all, and we will not tolerate disrespectful behavior.
If you would like to be a Storyteller:
Please email us at: Stephanie Cooper at [email protected] and Elizabeth Dorn at [email protected]
Please send us your story proposals as soon as you can.
- Deadline to apply to be a Storyteller of January 25th, 2023.
- Share with us what the story is about, and how you plan to present it
- We will choose 8 stories from the submissions that best compliment one another
The event will be held indoors at the Shafer Baillie Mansion, from 7-9PM on Saturday February 4, 2023.
Doors open at 6:30.
Where is it happening?Shafer Baillie Mansion Bed & Breakfast, 907 14th Avenue East, Seattle, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: