(SPC) : Implementing SAFe 5.1 -Remote class
Thu Sep 16 2021 at 08:30 am to Sun Sep 19 2021 at 05:00 pm
CST -Remote class | Dallas, TX
About this Event
Implementing a Lean-Agile SAFe® transformation in the enterprise with SAFe® 5 Program Consultant Certification. Based on version 5.1 of SAFe®.
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation
To perform the role of a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), you should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®)
- Build a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and coach Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains with a Solution Train
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue your learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe® roles in the enterprise
Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam. Those who attain their SPC certification will receive:
- Access to license the course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe® Agilists, SAFe® Practitioners, and SAFe® PM/POs
- Access to no-cost license materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains
- Inclusion in the SPC directory listing (optional)
- Access to the private SPC LinkedIn Group
Leading SAFe® - Days 1
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework®
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Trains
Implementing SAFe® - Days 2
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building a Lean Portfolio
- Leading the Transformation
Implementing SAFe® - Days 3
- Reaching the SAFe® Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
Implementing SAFe® - Days 4
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
- About the Exam
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Audience and Certification Details
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe® adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Group
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
- Exam name – SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam.
- Exam format – Multiple choice.
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate).
- Language – English.
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. The Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact [email protected] for any retake questions.
For more information, Group Discount, Cancellation, and Refund
Email us at [email protected]
IBC website: https://ibconsultants.net
Trainer Name: Dr. Wiselin Mathuram
About Dr. Wiselin Mathuram
Dr. Wiselin Mathuram has nearly 20 years of experience building complex global technical systems. He is from the Silicon Valley, California and has been a part of multiple startups.
Dr. Wiselin expertise being an Enterprise System architect and leading large scale Merger & Acquisitions at PayPal, Symantec and Cisco helps him with a unique advantage in providing related examples while teaching complex concepts. His DevSecOps certification workshops are one of the best in the world.
Dr. Wiselin founded International Business Consultants LLC (IBC), Gold Partners with Scaled Agile. Some of his clients are Boeing, US Army, Google, AT&T, Microsoft, Amazon, PayPal, CISCO, GAP, Fannie Mae, Verizon, Salesforce, T-Mobile, Master Card, Visa, Kaiser Permanente, BCBS, Stanford Health, Penumbra etc. He has trained ~3000 professionals in Scrum/ Scaled Agile & DevSecOps.
Dr. Wiselin is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) candidate with many years of experience in leading SAFe implementations in large organizations like AT&T, CISCO, ServiceNow, Penumbra Inc, Patelco Credit Union etc.
Co-Trainer Name: Amogh Joshi
About Amogh Joshi
Amogh has 15 years of experience in delivering solutions required in materializing customer’s business strategies. He has worked in a multicultural environment at different geographical locations like UAE, India, UK, Australia, Singapore, and Ireland.
Currently, he is working as Program Management for banking clients, developing machine learning, payments (open banking), and mobile using Agile, DevOps, Infrastructure, and Cloud technologies.
Remote class details:
- We will send the Remote class details 1week before the class.
- As the class is over Zoom and we use SAFecollaborate for all class exercises. You will be given access to the portal for workbooks and exercise before the class starts.
- Once the class is over you can take the exam online and you will also have access to full-length practice tests in the portal.
Where is it happening?CST -Remote class, online, Dallas, United States
USD 2795.00 to USD 2995.00