South Dahlia Lane Modern Home Tour + Talk
Sun Aug 28 2022 at 09:00 am to 01:00 pm
South Dahlia Lane Check-In | Denver, CO
About this Event
About the Tour
Homes will be open 10am-1pm. The tour will include several South Dahlia Lane Community Homes, designed by renowned architect Eugene Sternberg, and was the first and only single family cooperative that was backed by the FHA in the 1950’s.
Check-in at 2401 S Dahlia Lane or at the preceding talk prior to heading to the homes.
About the Talk
Enhance your tour experience . . . South Dahlia Lane historian Dana Sednek will be giving a special talk preceding the tour from 9-10am. She’ll dive into the historical significance, culture, and architectural elements of this unique neighborhood. Visual aids will include photographs, a slide show, a timeline of events, and more!
The talk will take place at 9-10am at:
1st floor Conference Room1325 S. Colorado Blvd Denver, CO 80222(Parking lot in back of building is free, enter from S. Louisiana Blvd entrance.)
Good to Know
- You have two ticket options for this event:
- $45 - 10am Open-House Home Tour Only
- $75 - Enhance your experience with the 9am Talk and 10am Open-House Tour
- If you are participating in the talk, please check-in at 1325 S Colorado Blvd. We plan to start the talk as close to 9am as possible to allow attendees that are participating in the tour as much time as possible to see the homes. You will receive a map of the house locations here.
- If you are not participating in the talk, the check-in location for the tour is 2401 S. Dahlia Lane. At check in, you will receive a map of the house locations.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but transferable to anyone who has your ticket at check-in.
About South Dahlia Lane
About South Dahlia Lane: South Dahlia Lane (formerly Mile High Housing Association) was built in the 1950s as the country’s first community of single-family housing using the cooperative model of financing, where the entire neighborhood of 32 houses shared a 40-year mortgage. The lead designer of the project was Denver University architecture professor and mid-century modern architect Eugene Sternberg. At the talk, you’ll learn the great story of this neighborhood, its unique street plan designed to encourage community, the wonderful designs of its houses and how the neighborhood has both changed, and, in many ways, stayed the same after transitioning away from the co-op model. Like most mid-century modern homes, South Dahlia Lane's homes is best experienced inside and out to understand why this neighborhood is one of the most interesting and unique you’ll find in Denver. This is your chance to see it all by way of an open house tour of multiple homes in the neighborhood.
Where is it happening?South Dahlia Lane Check-In, 2400 S Dahlia Lane, Denver, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 45.00 to USD 75.00