Soul Writing: Connecting to Essence with Joy Reichart
Sun Dec 17 2023 at 10:00 am to 03:30 pm
The Berkeley Alembic | Berkeley, CA
About this Event
Do you have something to say but don’t think you can write?
Are you hoping to start or revive a writing practice?
Are you looking for a friendly community to support your creativity?
Soul Writing retreats provide:
- a warm space of welcome and non-judgment so that your voice can come out of hiding and find its place in the world
- release from the echoes of all the critics (inner and outer) who have contributed to trimming your true expression
- an escape hatch from your over-thinking brain by expressing (and surprising!) yourself from a place of deeper wisdom
- an ongoing practice you can use in any number of ways, whether it’s writing a bigger piece, working with others, or simply connecting with your true voice in new ways on a regular basis
- new companions in your journey of creativity and self-discovery
Format: We will write short pieces based on prompts, share our work, and have the opportunity to give one another sincere appreciation. It is amazing how deep the writing can go—and how quickly—in this kind of holding community. We are here to practice, not produce. That said, many fully finished pieces are born of this process.
You don’t have to be a ‘writer’ already! No matter what kind of writer you think you are (including not a writer at all), your voice has a place in this session. We look forward to hearing it.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please fill out .
I’m Joy Reichart, a writer and coach who holds gentle space for genuine expression. My training in Integral Coaching, martial arts and personal energy work have grown a deep capacity in me to hold safe, sacred space for authentic unfoldment. I also lead energy workshops and offer personal coaching for folks wishing to align with their deepest longing, their most genuine expression. Learn more about me and my work at soulwriting.org.
Where is it happening?The Berkeley Alembic, 2820 Seventh Street, Berkeley, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 125.00 to USD 175.00