San Diego State University - Meet The Firms (MTF) - Spring 2023
Fri Feb 10 2023 at 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm
Montezuma Hall | San Diego, CA
About this Event
Meet the Firms (MTFs) is SDSU’s premier career fair and networking event for accounting and finance students! With over 15+ firms in attendance, you’ll be sure to find one that’s the perfect fit for you. You can recruit right now for internships for Summer 2024, or full-time positions starting as early as Summer 2023. Now is the time to secure a job well before your graduation. Even if you aren’t ready to recruit, we strongly recommend you attend to become familiar with the firms, recruiters and your job options.
Meet the Firms is FREE for all paid members of the student accounting organizations on campus: Beta Alpha Psi (BAP), Student Accounting Society (SAS), and Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA). BAP, SAS and ALPFA all offer various resources to you to help you prepare for your career, such as resume reviews, networking meetings, mock interviews, and more. Click on the org’s respective links to find out how to join these orgs.
Spring 2023 Meet the Firms @ San Diego State University - Montezuma Hall
- WHEN: February 10 (Fri), 2023, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- WHERE: Montezuma Hall @ Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union (2nd Floor)
- WHAT: Meet the Firms (MTFs) is a career fair that brings in accounting firms and organizations to students at SDSU.
- DRESS CODE: Business Formal for students, business casual/smart casual for professionals.
- FOOD: Of course! SDSU Catering will provide appetizers and refreshments (vegan, dairy free, gluten free options available). Menu will be provided closer to the event dates.
- TICKETING & PRICES: Prices will be $65/professional, $55/student, free for paid members of ALPFA/BAP/SAS, and $50/table.
- PARKING: Parking will be free and provided to all professionals attending MTFs. More details on where to park and directions will be provided to professionals closer to the day of.
- NAME TAGS: All students who sign up will be given a name tag with the name provided in the ticket info. Professionals will be provided name tags if indicated in the Professional RSVP google form.
- FREE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS: Students can get FREE professional headshots taken at MTFs. Click HERE for more info on how to sign up.
If you have any questions, please contact MTFs Committee Lead, Carol Somvilay, at [email protected]
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Professional's can arrive to check-in and set up their booth. Black tablecloths can be provided if needed, and and table assignments will be given via email closer to the event date.
- 1:50pm - 5:00pm: Students arrive to check-in and Spring 2023 MTFs begins.
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm: Tear down and clean up.
Who should I contact for any questions related to MTFs?
Please contact MTFs Committee Lead, Carol Somvilay, at [email protected]
Are the professionals required to wear business formal attire to MTFs?
No, the business formal attire is only for students. While professionals may wear business formal, it is acceptable for professionals to attend the event in business or smart casual.
How many students will be at MTFs?
We anticipate approximately 100 ~ 130 students in attendance.
Who is hosting this semester's MTFs?
We have three accounting focused student organizations at SDSU. This semester, Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) is hosting MTFs!
Links & Resources
- Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA) website: alpfa.sdsu.edu
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) website: bap.sdsu.edu
- Student Accounting Society (SAS) website: sas.sdsu.edu
Where is it happening?Montezuma Hall, 6075 Aztec Circle Drive, San Diego, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 0.00 to USD 65.00