SAF Reconnection Workshops - FACILITATOR TRAINING
Fri Jul 23 2021 at 04:00 pm to Sat Jul 24 2021 at 05:00 pm
American Red Cross | Denver, CO
About this Event
Training Days (Both Days Mandatory):
Friday, July 23 - 4:00pm - 7:30pm
Saturday, July 24 - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Eligibility Requirement: Master’s level or higher mental health professional with independent, clinical and unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling/Psychology; Nursing (APN or CS in Mental Health area; RN’s who are board certified in Psy/MH). Note: To be eligible, you must have an independent license and not be under clinical supervision.
Upon selection as a facilitator candidate:
• Facilitate a minimum of two times per year.
• Undergo all background checks, including child abuse registry check, fingerprint-based state or federal criminal records check; sex offender registry check and reinvestigation every 5 years (for child facilitators only).
• Actively participate in and complete all course pre-work and training modules. • Submit program evaluation forms within three days of participation.
• Facilitate alone or with another facilitator as needed.
• Follow all guidance and directives when conducting resiliency workshops.
• Submit all travel expenses within 5 days of facilitating.
• Positively promote the workshops and represent the Red Cross when facilitating.
• Remain current on Red Cross organizational policies.
• Remain current on module content.
• Remain current by submitting license renewal information
• Agree to use Red Cross materials and handouts ONLY for Reconnection Workshops. All other use is prohibited.
• Follow the volunteer Red Cross code of conduct.
• Register in Volunteer Connection with your local Red Cross and log hours monthly.
Where is it happening?American Red Cross, 444 Sherman Street, Denver, United States