Run SMMA Run 2023
Sun Jun 25 2023 at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Highbury Fields | London, EN
About this Event
Run SMMA Run is back again and bigger and better than ever!
We're challenging SMMA children and their families again to run, walk, hop or skip 2km as part of a fun run around Highbury Fields. It's going to be a fantastic day out and with 21 schools taking part this year it is going to be one of the biggest family days out in Islington.
Last year, thanks to everyone's hard work and generosity, we raised over £10,000 to support our school.
This has meant that the PTSA have been able to support many valuable opportunities to enrich and enliven our children's education.
In the past year we have supported:
- 1 hour each week of specialist Shakespeare Drama lessons for each class
- 4 fun new decals for the playground to give more opportunities for constructive play-
- New chess sets for the Chess Club and for those rainy days!
- Coach hire for the Graduation trip for Year 6 Leavers this term
We would love to continue this work and more next year, but your support is essential!
The sponsors have again agreed to match the amount raised by each school, so every £1 raised will give £2 towards the school.
Goodie Bags will be provided for each child that takes part and we hope to see you at Highbury Fields on the 25th June!
Taking part is simple:
1. Simply register on this page to take part.
2. Send this link to your friends and family to ask them to sponsor you.
3. Then just plan how you'll do your 2km and get training!
4. On the 25th June head over to Highbury Fields for 10:00 where we will be joining over 20 other local schools to run 3 laps around the Fields. Look out for the SMMA banner!
Alternatively if you can't make it on the day, then you can run it yourself over the weekend with your family or friends! (Some ideas of where to run are given below).
If every child running managed to raise £60 in sponsorship, we'd raise £5k for our school. And we'd have travelled around 420km - about as far as Paris! Imagine how far we could get if teachers, mums, dads and carers get involved too.
2km sounds a long way....
...but it's just:
o 2,600 steps on the spot
o 8 laps of Arundel Square park (the outer edge)
o 4 laps of the green around Paradise Park
o 3 laps of Highbury Fields (the lower field)
o 6 laps of Thornhill Park
o 3 laps of Market Road Park (the outer edge)
o 10 laps of Barnsbury Square
So get signed up, get training, and get sponsors now!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All participants should adhere to the T&C when they register. In entering The Run Kids Run 2023 (the “Event”), You (meaning the person applying to enter the Event) agree that:
- Fitness suitability: Running is a physically active sport. You should always seek advice from your GP before taking up a strenuous physical pursuit such as this. You accept that you do so entirely at your own risk and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and able to take part in the event.
- Children supervision: children under the age of 5 years old (Nursery and Reception) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian before, during and after the run. Children aged 5 and up (years 1 to 6) can run the course alone but require parental supervision before and after the run.
- General obligations: you shall only run along the designated race course and not off the course; be respectful towards all other children participating in the Event; follow the instructions and guidelines given during the Event; and report any problems to any of the volunteers or marshals who will be positioned around the race course
- Medical assistance: You consent to medical assistance in the case of illness, injury or an emergency, should this occur during the run, such assistance to be given by the volunteers, marshals or other trained personnel conducting the Event.
- First aid: Run Kids Run shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate First Aid assistance will be available for the duration of the Event. There will be clearly signed First Aid points at the start/finish area of the course. Volunteers and marshals in attendance at the race are not medically trained and will not give medical assistance other than requesting an ambulance or paramedic in the event that medical assistance is required. You authorise the volunteers and marshals to pass on any and/or all information that you have provided to the medical teams operating on the day if required for medical reasons.
- Filming and photographic consent: the Event could be filmed, recorded or exploited by means of television, film, video or some other broadcast or media format and you agree to the use and reproduction of your likeness, appearance and photograph for marketing and promotion purposes. If you wish for images not to be used in this manner, you should contact Run Kids Run in writing, by email, via the online enquiry form on the Website www.runkidsrun.org
- Liability: Run Kids Run and its volunteers do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant unless the above injury, loss and damage
is proven to have been caused as a direct result of negligence on the part of the organisers. Run Kids Run accepts no liability for the state or condition of the surface upon which the Event is held and you should ensure that you are satisfied with the state and condition of the surface of the route before commencing the run.
- Cancellation or alteration: Run Kids Run reserves the right to cancel or alter the start time and/or date of the Event if external conditions change (i.e. heavy winds or rain) or the state of the course is deemed unsafe (i.e. flooding). Reasonable endeavours will be made to rearrange the Event. Should a change in the start time and/or date be made, you will be notified of the revised start time and/or date with as much notice as reasonably practicable.
Where is it happening?Highbury Fields, Highbury Crescent, London, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: