Roam Fest Fruita | A Women's MTB Festival
Fri Oct 08 2021 at 08:00 am to Sun Oct 10 2021 at 04:00 pm
18 Road Staging Area | Fruita, CO
About this Event
"I went out on a limb and went to Roam Fest completely solo without knowing a single soul there. I wasn't sure if that was normal or how the weekend would turn out, but the website made it look pretty fun and welcoming and boy, did I make the right decision. The community of women at Roam was so supportive, so rad, welcoming and open. It was like summer camp for adult women who love to shred. I made some friends for life, got in some incredible riding, grew and challenged myself as a rider, enjoyed some baller demos, took in the energy from some unreal scenery and am still on cloud nine after my experience. "
- Kristina, Roam Fest Participant
Roam Fest is a three day party for female riders all gathered for one purpose: to spend a weekend slaying trail and playing bikes in a world-class riding destination.
Follow us @thisisroam
BEGINNER/NOVICE/NEW RIDERS WELCOME!
FESTIVAL PASS - WHAT'S INCLUDED
- *Limited demo bikes & wheels from hand-selected bike brands
- Shuttles on shuttles on shuttles
- Dozens of group rides w/ local ride leaders & brand ambassadors
- Dinner Fri & Sat nights with professional guest chef Lentine Alexis
- Free onsite parking & primitive camping
- Access to our expo space including premium mtb apparel & gear
- Bike related workshops, panels, discussions, & presentations
- Film screening of a women's adventure film festival
- Free raffle ticket for our famous giveaway with absolutely insane prizes
- Free dranks at our Happiest Hour (best hour of your life)
- Thursday night Kickoff Party at the Hot Tomato Cafe
- Much much more!
"If Roam Fest were any more fun, it would be illegal." - Singletracks.com
(Please don't mind the dust, our website is still under construction while we finalize 2021 event details)
Industry Nine . Specialized . SRAM . Sierra Nevada Brewing . Pivot Cycles . Juliana Bicycles . Liv Cycling . Ibis Cycles . SHREDLY . Smith Optics . Muc-Off . Canyon Coolers . Wild Rye . Gear Junction . Ride Force . Bike Flights . No Man's Land Film Festival . COPMOBA . World Ride . & More
*Due to the pandemic, demo bike inventory is extremely low for the Fruita festival. The quantity of demo bikes is directly correlated to the significant decrease in registration price for Roam Fest Fruita. Please BYOB (bring your own bike) if you can!
Demo: DOOOOO IT! First-come first-serve test rides. Check out our VIP DEMO pass for more opportunities to demo. Choose from any of our bike brand partners and/or Industry Nine wheels.
Shuttles: Will depart from the main festival area to specified trailheads.
Group Rides: For totaly beginner to expert ability levels. Led by locals and our event partners. Limited spaces to ensure quality ride experience. Sign up at festival.
Workshops & Presentations: Will be amazing and plentiful. Check our website for schedule.
Film Screening: Program TBA...but we promise it will be badass!
Dance Party: Animal costume themed. Or other. We've had humans dressed as hotdogs. Go with what feels right.
Apparel & Gear: High quality bike apparel & gear will be for sale from our vendors.
SWAG & Merch: No one goes home empty handed. SWAG bags for everyone, experience our Roam apparel center with festival hats, shirts, and gear for sale .
Food: Food trucks with limited menus will be onsite for breakfast and lunch. Dinner Friday and Saturday night is included in your festival pass. Local dining and a grocery store are a 20 minute drive from the festival site.
Drink: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company & friends will be serving donations-based beer and beverages. All "tips" and donations are being gifted to local trail advocacy groups. Potable water & sports hydration is free and available onsite.
Facilities: Portable toilets and hand washing stations.
Camping: Free primitive (ie desert) camping next to venue. Please be prepared to be fully self-sufficient.
Age Restrictions: Must be 21 to attend. Under 21? Contact us.
THURSDAY Oct 7th
4:00PM -6:00PM - Kickoff Party at Hot Tomato
6:00PM - Campground opens
FRIDAY Oct 8th
8:00AM - Registration opens
8:00AM - VIP demo begins
9:00AM - General demo/expo opens
9:30 AM - Roam Fest welcome!
10:00AM - Shuttles and group rides begin
10:00AM - 5:00PM - Ride your damn bike!
2:00PM(ish) - Workshops begin
4:00PM - VIP demo reservations begin
5:00PM - Happiest Hour/catered dinner
7:00PM - Adventure film screening
SATURDAY Oct 9th
8:00AM - Registration opens / VIP demo opens
9:00AM - Demo/expo opens, shuttles & group rides begin
9:00AM - 6:00PM - Ride your damn bike! Learn some stuff!
2:00PM - Workshops begin
4:00PM - VIP demo reservations begin
5:30PM - Catered dinner
6:00PM - SHREDTalks industry panel
7:00PM - Really Fast Raffle That Doesn't Suck
7:30PM - Dance Party: animal house theme (interpret as you wish)
SUNDAY Oct 10th
9:00AM - All demo/expo opens, shuttles & group rides begin
11:00AM - 3:00PM - Workshops
3:00PM - Last shuttle returning
4:00PM - All demo bikes returned
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - AND ANSWERS
Q: Is this festival beginner/novice friendly?
A: Heck yeah! Fruita has trails for all ability levels - you could slap a lap on a strider if you wanted. All levels and all bikes are welcome to this location.
Q: Will there be on-the-bike skills clinics?
A: Nooope! We're here to shred!
Q: Does anyone ever join the festival solo?
A: Hell yeah they do! About 25% of our participants come to the festival on their own.
Q: Are WTF invited? Are Non-binary folks welcome?
A: Absolutely to both. Anyone who identifies as female or non-binary and is over the age of 21 is welcome to join the festival.
Q: Why is Roam Fest Sedona more expensive than Roam Fest Fruita?
A: The cost of putting on the Sedona festival is significantly more...approximately shittons if you want to get specific. See what we did there? Our ticket pricing has always directly correlated to the cost of the event and we only think it fair for ladies attending a less expensive event to pay less.
Q: Can my super adorable fur baby Fluffy come to the festival?
A: Due to the insanity that would ensue if 300 women showed up with their 465 dogs...we ask that you leave Fluffy at home.
Q: Can my husband/boyfriend/totally platonic man-friend come?
A: Nope. Roam Fest is a women's-only bike festival. We can't go catching any cooties (we've neutralized the handful of guys working at the festival for their respective bike companies.)
Q: Should I bring my bike or rent one?
A: We recommend bringing your own bike...any and every mtb bike is welcome - no judgement on how fancy it is. We cannot guarantee availability of demo bikes in your size and it's a good idea to have a personal bike to ride just in case. We will have onsite bike valet in a fenced area. We are not liable for any lost or damaged bikes.
VIP Demo pass holders are guaranteed demo bikes.
If renting plan to reserve your bike well in advance. We recommend nearby Over the Edge, CBB Bikes or Grand Junction shops Ruby Canyon Cycles, Bicycle Outfitters, Grassroots Cycles, & The Bike Shop.
Q: What is camping like?
A: Camping is free and right next to the venue! Camping is also primitive. Please prepare to be self-reliant for the weekend with food, water, camping supplies, and baby wipes a-plenty. There will be portable toilets at the venue. If we run out of space next to the venue, there is plenty of dispersed camping just offsite from the venue area. Van, trailer, RV & car camping can all be accommodated. You must hold a festival pass to camp onsite. We ask that participants please leave pets at home.
Q: What if it rains or the weather is crummy?
A: The festival will go on as scheduled and we will practice being hardcore.
WAITLIST, TRANSFERS, & REFUND POLICY
- GET ON THE WAITLIST! Our waitlist is your only hope of getting into the festival once we've sold out. Be sure to register your entire group individually as we release waitlisted tickets one at a time.
- Please leave your email address AND phone number so we can double-notify you should a ticket become available.
- When a ticket becomes available, you will have 24 hours to register. Once this time frame has passed, your spot will automatically be released to the next person on the waitlist. We cannot re-release you a ticket if you miss your registration window.
- Up to 48 hours prior to the festival a registered pass holder can transfer their ticket to another participant. No registration transfers to another event.
- No transfers within 48 hours of the festival start date.
- See our transfer refund policy below
- Transfer refund: Don't have anyone to transfer your pass to? Contact us about transferring your registration to a waitlisted party. If a waitlisted person is able to register into your open spot, we can refund your registration. If we are unable to register someone off the waitlist, we cannot offer you a refund for any reason.
- No refunds. We understand illness, injury, or family emergencies do happen. While we’ll always want to help, please be ready for our policies to still apply.
I have more questions, who do I contact?
Please be sure to fully look over details on our website, including the specific details for this event (don't forget to browse our comprehensive FAQ while you're there). Still have questions? Please email us at [email protected]
Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Roam Fest organizer Roam Events. Your e-ticket(s) will be attached to your order confirmation email. You do NOT need to print them out - we will have a registration list at the event.
- Please check e-mails from Eventbrite and [email protected] leading up to the festival- these messages will contain important event information
- No refunds. See refund & transfer policies
- Due to alcohol permitting, this is 21and over event
- Event is rain or shine
- Schedule and vendors subject to change without notice
- By purchasing this ticket, you consent to the Roam Fest's Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement.
LEARN MORE ABOUT ROAM EVENTS
ROAM EVENTS WEBSITE
ROAM EVENTS INSTAGRAM @THISISROAM
FOR MORE EVENT DETAILS:
Where is it happening?18 Road Staging Area, 18 Road Trailhead Parking, Fruita, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 199.00