Retiring Well in the 21st Century - Two Day Course in Houston, TX
Thu Oct 14 2021 at 06:00 pm to 09:00 pm
Houston Community College – Central Campus | Houston, TX
About this Event
This is a two-night course offered on Thursday, October 14th and 21st beginning at 6:00pm and ending at 9:00pm each night. Your $29 tuition (per household) includes a 160-page course workbook and an individual course lab.
WHY ATTEND THIS CLASS?
The top reason baby boomers and pre-retirees attend this class is to become informed and learn things that they didn’t know about regarding retirement planning. Many of the retirement planning strategies utilized by our parents have grown outdated and may no longer be the optimal application for those seeking to retire today or in the next few years. This course compares and contrasts the older retirement paradigms versus what exists today. You will learn how to help insulate yourself from the risks of rising taxes, low interest rates, and become aware of and help avoid common retirement planning mistakes.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR RETIREMENT TODAY
• How could rising taxes affect your retirement cash flow?
• 401k’s and IRAs – how to efficiently take distributions
• How would a long-term care event affect your nest egg?
• Why having a written, tested, and tax-efficient Retirement Income Plan should matter to you
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
• The three basic retirement accounts and their functions
• How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income
• What’s the optimal way for you to save - tax-deferred? tax-free? or a combination?
• Should you convert to a Roth IRA…or not?
• How IRAs and 401k’s affect Social Security taxation
• Developing a Plan for Retirement
• Strategies to reduce taxes in retirement
• Investing Myths and Misconceptions
• Investing and Income Strategies
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
• The Social Security thresholds you need to be aware of
• The real cost of Social Security taxation
• Strategies to reduce Social Security taxation
• What Social Security maximization strategies apply to you?
COMMON FINANCIAL TOOLS
• Mutual Funds
• US Treasuries
• Exchange Traded Funds
• 4 Types of Annuities
• Certificates of Deposit
RETIREMENT DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS
• Do you know the correct ‘Rate of Withdrawal’ for your situation?
• Have you done enough? One step to discover that for yourself in 10 minutes.
• How to liquidate retirement assets in the right order
• How would a market downturn just before or early in your retirement years, affect your income?
WHY LOSSES DURING RETIREMENT MATTER
• The impact of dramatic market loss in retirement
• Is ‘buy and hold’ still appropriate for today?
• How to shield a portion of your assets from stock market volatility
• Why ‘asset allocation’ alone may not be enough
• What should a diversified portfolio look like?
BASIC ESTATE PLANNING
• Learn the tools to use to transfer your wealth to your loved ones and charities
• What’s the difference between a will or trust?
Advisory services offered through Foundations Investment Advisors, an SEC Registered Investment Adviser.
Where is it happening?Houston Community College – Central Campus, 1300 Holman Street, Houston, United States