Retirement Master Class in Oro Valley, AZ
Tue Jul 11 2023 at 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm
Oro Valley Library | Oro Valley, AZ
About this Event
WHY THIS CLASS MATTERS
Many of the retirement strategies utilized by our parents have grown outdated and may no longer have application for those looking to retire today. This class compares and contrasts the old retirement paradigms of yesteryear and the new paradigms of today. Attendees will discover how to insulate themselves from the risks of rising taxes, Social Security taxation, and how to avoid common mistakes that increase the chances or running out of money as you distribute your assets in retirement.
TOPICS FOR RETIRING TODAY
TAX RATE RISK
• Why experts say tax rates could double
• How rising taxes may affect your retirement cash flow
• The “Catch 22” of 401k’s and IRA’s
• How lost deductions may affect your taxes in retirement
RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING
• The three basic retirement accounts
• How to accumulate dollars in the right types of accounts for future retirement income
• What’s better for you: tax-deferred or tax-free accounts?
• How to define a “true” tax-free investment
• When should you convert to a Roth?
• How IRA’s and 401k’s cause Social Security taxation
• Strategies to reduce or eliminate taxes in retirement
MAXIMIZING SOCIAL SECURITY
• The causes of Social Security taxation
• The Social Security thresholds you need to be aware of
• The real cost of Social Security taxation
• Strategies to eliminate Social Security taxation
• Social Security maximization strategies
RETIREMENT DISTRIBUTION PITFALLS
• How the new rules on “Rate of Withdrawal” affect People Nearing Retirement
• How to ensure you won’t run out of money in retirement
• How to liquidate retirement assets in the right order
• How to eliminate “sequence of returns” risk
WHY LOSSES DURING RETIREMENT MATTER
• The impact of dramatic market loss in retirement
• Is “buy and hold” appropriate in retirement?
• How to safeguard against two types of investment risk
• How to shield your assets from stock market volatility
• Why “asset allocation” alone may not be enough
• How to truly diversify your retirement portfolio
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is there a cost to attend?
No, there is no cost to attend.
Should I arrive early?
It is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes early to have ample time to park and secure a seat.
Do I need to bring anything?
No, you will be provided with pen and paper to take notes.
Will any investments or investment products be discussed?
No, there will not be any discussion of any investments whatsoever.
Will I be pitched or sold anything?
No. Our classes are strictly educational. The most common feedback we receive is how nice it is to attend a truly educational workshop with no pressure.
Is this sponsored by the Social Security administration?
Carl Stryker is not affiliated with the Social Security administration or any other government agency.
This event is not supported by the Pima County Public Library or any of its immunities. The library does not endorse any views or opinions expressed or activities taking place during this event.
Where is it happening?Oro Valley Library, 1305 W Naranja Dr, Oro Valley, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: