Private and Ag Row Crops Pesticide Exam Training & CEUs! October 18, 2022
Wed Oct 19 2022 at 09:00 am to 01:00 pm
UF/IFAS Manatee County Extension Office | Palmetto, FL
AdvertisementAttendees will learn concepts of applying pesticides to private land and ag row crops for both Private & Ag Row Crop licenses. CEUs too.
About this Event
In Person OR Virtual training - you pick your preference!
October 18, 2022 9:00pm –1:00 pm
Presented by Lisa Hickey, Sustainable Ag & Food Systems Agent
The workshop will prepare individuals who will be applying restricted-use pesticides to agricultural row crops, nursery operations, or similar commodities for the Private and Ag Row Crop Pesticide Examinations to acquire respective pesticide licenses. Additionally, the training is for individuals in need of Private and Ag Row Crop CEUs. If you wish to take the exam on the same day, please let Lisa know. Contact info is below.
- Details on licensure or recertification for RUP applicators treating agricultural row crops, nursery operations, or similar commodities.
- An understanding of the pesticide label and applicability of its components as well as pesticide labeling.
- Identification of the commonly found Ag Row Crop and similar commodities' pests, signs of the pests, and growth cycles for pest management.
- An understanding of the different integrated pest management techniques.
- Human health and safety, and environmental implications of pesticide use.
- Worker Protection Standards as it applies to pesticide handlers.
- Pesticide applicator equipment maintenance, calibration methods, and calculation exercises to understand the proper application rate of pesticides on agricultural row crops, nursery plants, or similar commodities.
To get an exam voucher, visit https://aesecomm.fdacs.gov/Default.aspx Most of you fall under Chapter 487.
Approved CEU's: 3 CEUs each for Private, Ag Row Crop, Ag Tree and Forest, Demo & Research, or Soil and Greenhouse Fumigation and 1 CEU for Chapter 482 or 487 CORE. A total of 4 CEUs can be applied.
If you have any questions pertaining to class information or CEUs, please contact Lisa Hickey at 941-722-4524, Ext. 1817 or email [email protected]
Where is it happening?UF/IFAS Manatee County Extension Office, 1303 17th St W, Palmetto, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 40.00 to USD 70.00