Pottery for Beginners (Wheel Throwing Class @Casa.Mida in Wynwood)
Fri Sep 10 2021 at 02:00 pm to 04:30 pm
Casa Mida | Miami, FL
About this Event
The art of pottery is known to be very meditative and relaxing, and it has been our therapy during quarantine. Truth is, while you're spinning clay on your wheel, your mind and body are in natural synergy, suspended in a state of creative flow. There is no checking Instagram, no Zoom calls, nothing else you can focus on other than shaping your subject.
We are excited to open our studio for classes for those who want to venture into ceramics.
Our 2 1/2 hour class is ideal for first-timers and will cover/include:
- The basics about clay, pottery, and how you prep the clay.
- 3 lbs of clay to make simple shapes like a bowl, a vase, or a mug.
- All of the materials, tools, and equipment (wheel) needed.
- We will fire your piece and clear glaze it.
- This is not a workshop in which you will graduate with a Masters in Ceramics. It is meant to be a fun morning or afternoon with a friend, a date, or solo time to connect with your creative side.
- We will offer some beverages, but you are welcome (and encouraged) to BYOB/Wine.
- We have enough parking for the first 3 cars, but there is also plenty of street parking right outside our property.
- Expect a nice relaxing playlist in the background and know that our classes are held semi-outdoor, so we will accommodate in case of terrible weather.
Miami-based Ceramicist, Debora Nascimento has been working with ceramics for over 6 years and has taught Creative Arts in studios state-wide. Debora focuses on the simplicity of pottery and the beauty of nature that is within all of us.
Of Course I Still Love You (OCISLY) Ceramics is a pottery brand that started in South Beach and now has its studio in Casa Mida, an oasis in the middle of Wynwood. Our ceramics are inspired by the beauty of the cosmos.
You can follow our journey and updates on future classes here:
Looking forward to having you over!
We understand that things can come up at the last minute, which is why we offer a cancellation policy, in which we will refund the price of your ticket if you give us a cancellation notice at least 24 hours before your class.
Cancellations any time after that will not be refunded.
We are happy to re-schedule your class at a different time depending on availability. If you need to re-schedule (instead of canceling), please give us a 24-hour notice. You can do so by emailing us at [email protected]
Once your pieces have dried for a few days, we will bisque fire them and invite you to register for our Glazing Class, in which you can return to glaze your own pieces. If you are unable to participate in this follow-up class, we are happy to glaze your pieces in a clear matte style. Please let us know that you would like for us to glaze your pieces and we can coordinate the pickup. We will hold your pieces for 30 days after your Ceramics class unless you request otherwise. You can email us at [email protected] with any questions.
Where is it happening?Casa Mida, 124 Northeast 22nd Street, Miami, United States