Poetry workshop with Abdullah Adekola
Tue Jun 07 2022 at 05:30 pm to 07:00 pm
Leeds City Museum | Leeds, EN
About this Event
Introduction to creative wellbeingA session to discuss the relationship between wellbeing and creativity. Looking at how creativity can help with wellbeing - in this case, through poetry. A relaxed session to process the events of the last 2 years.
Adekola is a writer, poet, and performer, based in Leeds, UK. He has been selected for the New Creatives North talent development program funded by Arts Council England and BBC Arts. His breakthrough collection of writing will be published by Burning Eye Books in September 2021.
A proud Black-British working-class artist, he believes you should tell your story or risk being ignored or misrepresented. He is the co-founder of ‘Say It With Your Chest’, a well-established poetry and creative platform based in Leeds. SIWYC partners with local art organisations to deliver regular events and workshops.
Here are some of the ways we’re making our talks safer:
- We are limiting numbers in the conference rooms.
- We kindly ask all visitors to sessions to clean their hands regularly. There will be hand sanitiser available in the workshop spaces and around the museum.
- The windows and doors will be open as much as possible for ventilation. It may be cold!
- Our staff will keep their distance, and may wear a face covering.
- Our spaces and galleries have been assessed with a CO2 monitor for ventilation.
Where is it happening?Leeds City Museum, Millennium Square, Leeds, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: