Pet Loss & Grief: Find HOPE, Healing and Reconnection - Durham
Fri Jul 01 2022 at 08:00 pm to 09:00 pm
Durham | Durham, NC
About this Event
Hello Dear One,
Has your world just been turned upside down from this gut wrenching loss?
Are you having trouble sleeping, eating, facing the world?
Do you feel isolated and like "no one gets it"?
Do you feel lonely without your companion animal and long for connection with others...but feel conflicted about it?
Perhaps you are afraid of having the "dreaded conversation" socially...having to relive the details of their passing and worrying that your friends and family won't understand the extent of your grief.
Then there's the guilt, shame and the critical voice in your head that tells you how you were the worst pet parent ever and you should have known or you should have handled things differently...
Well, I am here to tell you that YOU are NOT alone and that what you are experiencing is very, very normal. Losing your heart animal is profoundly painful...more so...it's devastating.
This 4 day workshop will teach you critical tools to help you navigate this grief!
WE WILL COVER:
- The basics of everything grief related. Especially WHY PET LOSS CAN FEEL MORE PAINFUL than other types of loss.
- The difference between grief and mourning.
- The importance of ritual: how to honor your beloved and connect with them.
- Grief Dosing: Why it's actually okay to allow yourself some time away from the grief.
- How to honor your own boundaries during this fragile time and prepare yourself for social conversations.
- The grief timeline: "How long will I feel this terrible?"
- Grief bursts: "Why do I seem fine one day, then I suddenly burst into tears the next?"
- What you can do to take steps forward to reclaim your life and find hope and joy again.
I am so excited to meet you and learn about your Soul Child, and your unique grief journey! This 4 day event will be hosted on ZOOM. Expect to receive event details closer to the event date.
ABOUT ME: I am Cara DeLaRosa - Pet Loss Grief Coach. I lost my heart animal in 2010. Her passing was the great catalyst for the work I do today...I empower bereaved pet parents to transform their grief into joy through a multi-disciplinary and spiritual approach.
There's so much I have to share with you! See you soon!
Where is it happening?Durham, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: