Performance With Quaternion at Pace Gallery | Caitlin Cherry & Moor Mother
Wed Sep 15 2021 at 07:00 pm to 08:00 pmUTC-04:00
Pace Gallery | New York, NY
About this Event
Pace Live presents Performance With Quaternion, Caitlin Cherry and Moor Mother
Inspired by the elliptical shape of a satellite, Caitlin Cherry’s kinetic painting-installation Quaternion (2021) is designed to move through the phases and cycles of the Sun. The central “performer” in this one-off multi-ensemble Pace Live event Performance With Quaternion provides the focus and inspiration for a unique performance by international touring musician, poet, activist and visual artist Camae Ayewa (Moor Mother) and dancers Vitche-Boul ra, Daigi-Ann and Ingrid Raphaël. Cherry and Ayewa’s Performance With Quaternion defines a temporary space to consider the ongoing relationships between Black femininity, hyper-capitalism, surveillance, painting, poetry and forms of resistant music. Performance With Quaternion is scheduled to coincide with the exhibition Convergent Evolutions.
This program was curated by Christiana Ine-Kimba Boyle, Online Sales Director and Mark Beasley, Curatorial Director at Pace.
Wednesday, Sept 15, 2021
Multi-ensemble performance featuring Caitlin Cherry & Moor Mother
510 West 25th Street
Important things to note
- The performance will begin at 7:00PM. Late arrivals will not be permitted and guests are encouraged to arrive starting at 6:30PM.
- Please note health and safety precautions to protect against COVID-19 will be in place.
- Tickets are strictly personal and non-transferable.
- This event is standing-room only.
- Hand sanitizer is available and visitors are encouraged to use it upon entry.
- There is no coat check and we do not have the capability to store items for visitors.
- For any additional questions, please email [email protected]
To learn more about the artists and Pace Gallery please click
Where is it happening?Pace Gallery, 510 West 25th Street, New York, United States