Open Garden Day
Fri Oct 21 2022 at 10:00 am to 02:00 pm
PLC Perth | Perth, WA
AdvertisementSpectacular private gardens will open to the public as part of Presbyterian Ladies’ College’s much celebrated Open Garden Day.
Date: Friday 21 October 2022
Time: 10.00am - 2.00pm
(Café open from 9.00 am)
Location: Peppermint Grove, Perth, WA
Cost: $25 Adult, $15 Pensioner & Seniors Concession (valid card required).
Free for children under 16 years.
Offering a rare glimpse into a collection of Perth’s most prestigious private properties, this annual fundraiser, now in its 24th year, will be held at, and around, the College's beautiful Peppermint Grove campus.
In full bloom for spring, the stunning garden locations will offer an array of special guest performances, demonstrations and displays including:
– Informative presentations by local historian, broadcaster and author of “Lost Perth” – Richard Offen
– Spring entertaining inspired floral workshops by talented floral atelier, Cerina Triglavcanin
– Plein air painting by celebrated impressionist Caroline Muscat and detailed watercolour artist Bernice Wright (1950)
– Inspiring creative crepe-paper flower workshops by Jotterbook Flower’s Carrisa Wu
– Live vocal performances by sopranos Laura Rogers (2015), Samantha Deykin (2019), and Emma van Schouwen (2020), as well as current PLC parent musical duo 'The Burbs'; and
– A showcase of the School’s highly awarded musical ensembles such as the chorale, string quartet & the PLC Pipe Band – Australia’s longest-standing all-girl pipe band.
View Street will play host to a variety of delicious food and beverage options including a delightful garden café at the PLC Boarding House Residence – ‘The Stables’, serving traditional morning tea, lunch, and refreshments.
A bustling pedestrian-only marketplace of 45 local stallholders will offer homewares, fashion, jewellery, art and photography alongside fresh produce, flowers, cakes and preserves.
All gardens are within walking distance of PLC. A free bus service will be available to shuttle visitors between the gardens, café and marketplace as well as from the free parking area at Manners Hill Park (15-minute intervals from 8.45 am – 2.30 pm).
Where is it happening?PLC Perth, 14 McNeil Street,Perth,WA,Australia, Perth, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: