OHNY Sunset Boat Tour: Recovery, Resilience, and Reopening
Thu Jul 22 2021 at 06:30 pm to 08:30 pmUTC-04:00
Pier 83 | New York, NY
About this Event
Explore the diverse waterfront of New York City on this harbor cruise focusing on resiliency, recovery, and the city's reopening in the wake of the pandemic. Andrew Gustafson of Turnstile Tours will explore the past, present, and future of industry, ecology, recreation, and development on the waterfront.
The tour will cruise the shoreline of Manhattan and Brooklyn, hitting iconic sights like the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, and the Manhattan skyline, but we will also visit the working waterfront in places like Sunset Park, Red Hook, and the Brooklyn Navy Yard. During the pandemic, these areas were vital to the city – manufacturers produced critical medical supplies, logistics centers powered e-commerce, and parks provided much-needed outdoor respite. As we face future challenges of climate change and sea level rise, the waterfront will remain on the frontlines, and we will look at the innovative ways we are adapting for resiliency and a diversity of waterfront uses and users.
$35 OHNY Member
$45 General Admission
$75 Membership + Ticket (Value: $95)
AIA CES credits pending
Effective June 16, in accordance with New York State's announcement, all Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises are operating with normal capacity, without social distancing or dining restrictions. All passengers are required to wear masks while indoors, except while drinking or eating. Circle Line employees are screened for COVID-19 symptoms before every shift, and the ship is cleaned and sanitized after every trip.
- Is the boat ADA compliant? Yes.
- What is the boarding process? Boarding begins 30-minutes before departure (6:00pm). The boat leaves promptly at 6:30pm. Plan accordingly.
- Do I need to print tickets? Tickets need to be printed or readily available for scanning on a mobile device.
- Can I bring by own food and drinks? No, Circle Line's policy prohibits outside food and beverages. There is a full snack bar and beer, wine, and cocktails on board.
- Is smoking permitted on the boat? No.
- What happens in inclement weather? Boat tours are rain or shine.
Photo courtesy Ben Helmer
Where is it happening?Pier 83, 12th Avenue and West 43rd Street, New York, United States
USD 35.00 to USD 75.00