NewTechKids 2022 Saturday Bootcamp at 13:00 - 8-12yrs (6 classes)
Sat Jan 22 2022 at 01:00 pm to 02:30 pm
Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam (OBA) | Amsterdam, NH
About this Event
Taught in a combination of Dutch and English.
Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
Theme: Robots Playing Games!
During this NewTechKids bootcamp of six, weekly classes held at the Amsterdam Public Library, kids ages 8-12 will design and code robots to play a series of games before developing their own robot game with strategy, rules and a point system.
Kids will dive into designing, building and visual programming using LEGO robotics kits and art supplies. They'll learn about design and computer science concepts (coding, commands,sequence, loops, if-else logic, etc.).
During this workshop, they’ll discuss inspiring examples of technology before completing a challenge in pairs and presenting their prototypes.
Classes will take place on Saturdays from 13:00 - 14:30 on the following dates:
- January 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 19 (no class on February 26 during the Voorjaarsvakantie)
- March 5
The workshop will be taught in a combination of English and Dutch by a native Dutch-speaking teacher with specialised training in computer science. The curriculum and lesson are based on NewTechKids’ pedagogy which focuses on concept-context learning and the use of tangible learning tools.
Our workshop is ideal for children with no previous exposure to design and computer science. Ideal for girls and boys.
A maximum of 14 students is required to offer this workshop. Registrants will be notified one week prior if the workshop is cancelled and a full refund will be provided.
Location: Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam, Oosterdokskade 143 in the Junior Lab basement (5-minute walk from Centraal Station)
Our programs are limited to a maximum of 14 children in OBA Junior Lab which is large and well-ventilated.
- Kids are required to wear masks during our classes.
- NewTechKids has used AI-based software to design floor plans for the room which determine the spacing of tables and chairs, the location of teacher, etc. Tables and chairs are placed apart to encourage social distancing amongst the children.
- NewTechKids’ teacher checks the temperature of all children with a no-contact thermometer when they arrive for each class. Kids with temperatures above 38 degrees celsius are asked to return home.
- Kids are required to wash their hands when they arrive and there are multiple hand washing breaks during every class.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
- Our teachers stand at a distance from kids during class discussions and while explaining computer science and programming theory. They will use a microphone so everyone can hear clearly.
- Our teachers wear masks while helping kids at their work stations.
Where is it happening?Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam (OBA), Junior Lab (basement), Amsterdam, Netherlands
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
EUR 30.84 to EUR 85.00