My Prayers and Practices: Chesed-El Synagogue with Rabbi Nissim Zawady
Tue Aug 09 2022 at 10:00 am to Sun Aug 21 2022 at 05:30 pm
Chesed-El Synagogue (Security Post) | Singapore, SG
About this Event
Like other religious organisations in Singapore, the synagogue works tirelessly to cultivate a strong sense of belonging within the Jewish community. Join us at the Chesed-El Synagogue to observe the prayers and practices that take place within this national monument and find out how the synagogue maintains this sacred space as a place of comfort, refuge and celebration for its devotees!
About Chesed-el Synagogue
Singapore is home to two synagogues – the Maghain Aboth Synagogue at Waterloo Street and the Chesed-El Synagogue at Oxley Rise. Both places of worship were gazetted as national monuments in 1988. Chesed-El means “Mercy of God”. The synagogue has been the centre of many Jewish activities. According to Rabbi Nissim, there are approximately 2,000 Jewish people in Singapore today.
- Language: English
- Programme Date(s) and Time(s):
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022: 1000-1130
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022: 1400-1530
- Tuesday, 9 August 2022: 1600-1730
- Sunday, 14 August 2022: 1000-1130
- Sunday, 14 August 2022: 1400-1530
- Sunday, 14 August 2022: 1600-1730
- Sunday, 21 August 2022: 1000-1130
- Sunday, 21 August 2022: 1400-1530
- Sunday, 21 August 2022: 1600-1730
- Meeting and Ending Point:
- Security Post of Chesed-El Synagogue (2 Oxley Rise Singapore 238693)
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the event for registration. Our facilitators will be wearing our event t-shirt.
- Parking is unavailable at the event premises.The nearest carpark to the Synagogue is at Singapore Shopping Centre (190 Clemenceau Ave, Singapore 239924) (Approx. 5 min walk)
- Venue is wheelchair accessible.
- The event will proceed rain or shine.
Who should come?
- Participants must be fully vaccinated.
What to bring?
- Participants should be dressed respectfully in smart casual (i.e. collared shirt, long pants and covered shoes). Sleeveless attire, shorts/miniskirts or sandals are strictly not allowed. Participants will be denied entry if they dress inappropriately.
- Participants should bring along their NRIC, which is mandatory for entry into the premises.
- Participants should bring along an umbrella and a bottle of water.
- Participants are also encouraged to bring their own earphones (with a standard 3.5mm audio jack) as radio guides will be used for the tour.
- Asthmatic individuals are encouraged to bring their inhaler.
- All ticket sales are final. There will be no refund if you wish to cancel your tickets.
- By agreeing to participate in the event, participants are responsible for any injury, loss or damage due to the negligence on his/her part or of the children under his/her charge.
- Participants must abide by the house rules set out by the host. Facilitators will brief participants at the start of the programme.
- Videos and photographs may also be taken during the event. By registering for this event, you give My Community full rights to use the photos for marketing and publicity.
- Follow us at @mycommunitysg on Instagram and @myqueenstown on Facebook.
- Visit mycommunityfestival.sg for all our latest updates.
Where is it happening?Chesed-El Synagogue (Security Post), 2 Oxley Rise, Singapore, Singapore
Event Location & Nearby Stays: