Music Production MasterClass w/ Noema
Thu Jul 22 2021 at 06:30 pm to 11:00 pmUTC-04:00
X Marks the Loft | New York, NY
About this Event
In this course you learn
- to create solid melodies / phrases
- to create more interesting sounds and rhythms
- easy tools and concepts for compositions
- to analyze and improve your musical ideas
- to create coherent arrangements
- basic concepts of dramaturgie
- to sharpen your ear and understand structures only by listening
- how memory works and tools to make learning more successful
- how to apply the new learned knowledge to DAWs like Ableton
--- CURRICULUM ---
// INTRODUCTION/LIFEHACKS FOR LEARNING
Based on insights from scientific research on memory and learning, i will show you tools and
techniques how you will be able to improve your productivity and learn new things in a very short
// LECTURE: FORM PRINCIPLES IN MUSIC
AND THEIR RELEVANCE FOR ARRANGEMENT, HARMONIES AND MELODIES
All art works by the principle of dualism of tension and release. So does Music!
That is why most of the formal principles in music are designed that way.
Learning and being aware of those principles will help you to create coherent melodies, harmonic
progressions, loops and arrangements
- techniques of manipulating concrete sounds to turn them into almost any instrument
- i will show you how to make a whole track only from one Sound!
After this presentation you will be able to create truly unique sounds, which will make your track
stand out from the norm.
// BRING YOUR TUNE!
We will work on a concrete Ableton Session of you. We will listen to it in a group and i will show
you ways how to improve it musically amd sonicaly.
after hang 11pm-1am?
What to bring - Laptop, Ableton session, hdmi compatible
Noema makes music since 1988, studied classical guitar and composition and the renowned
University "Hanns Eisler" in Berlin, and work as a music teacher
since 15 years. Furthermore, he DJs professionally since 1997, produces music since 2011 and runs
The Magic Movement label since 2014. On his label, he worked with artists such as Nicola Cruz,
Crussen, Luca Musto to name a few and released music on other labels like Sol Selectas and Get
Physical. As an A&R, consultant, co-producer and mixing engineer he helped shaping genre
difining records by Xique-Xique ("1542"), Oceanvs Orientalis (his first ever EP), Kermesse and
Where is it happening?X Marks the Loft, 405 johnson avenue, New York, United States