Monash Abroad: Queen Victoria Night Market
Wed Jul 12 2023 at 04:50 pm to 08:00 pm
Queen Victoria Market | Melbourne, VI
About this Event
*** THIS EVENT IS FOR MONASH ABROAD AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS ONLY***
Volunteer Leaders & Contact Information: Ken Nagata 0498 494 173
Join our Facebook event for reminders and updates.
Where to Meet Us
Meet us at 4:50PM Monash University Bus Loop
Meet at the entrance to the Queen Victoria Market: Meat Market at 6.00pm (corner of Victoria Street & Elizabeth Street - Yellow building with farm animals painted above the entrance)
Duration: 6.00pm – 8.00pm
Address: Queen Victoria Night Market, Corner of Victoria St and Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000
About the Queen Victoria Night Market
The Queen Victoria Night Market features an array of Melbourne’s finest artisans and food vendors as well as some of Melbourne’s most talented and intriguing artists and entertainers.
Join us as we explore the iconic Queen Victoria Market as it hosts the spectacular Night Market. There's plenty of delicious food vendors available, special art offers and free entertainment, all with that dynamic Melbourne vibe that you've come to know.
What you need:
- Weather appropriate clothing and/or an umbrella:
- As it is Melbourne, it can get cold at night, and we will be walking between venues.
- It is advised that students check the Bureau of Meteorology website (bom.gov.au) to check whether there is any chance of rain.
- Thongs/flip flops are not sufficient footwear.
- Money for food and souvenirs
- Myki if you need to travel via public transport
- Myki is the Melbourne’s public transport card. Concession mykis can be purchased at manned train stations. Full fare can be purchased at myki machines and some convenience stores ie. 7-Eleven.
MSA Camps and Events is a volunteer leadership program that provides Monash students with an opportunity to meet other students prior to their first day on campus. The events we run are fun, inexpensive and accessible, with the aim of providing safe spaces where students can meet other students, who they may never have bumped into otherwise.
We welcome all new and returning Monash students (Domestic, International, Exchange students) from all Monash Campuses, as well as returning students who wish to take part.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
This event is hosted by MSA Volunteering: Camps & Events program. If you are interested in becoming an MSA Volunteer, please visit our website.
This event is part of the MSA's First Year Camps and Events program. This leadership program was established in 1974 and aims to socialise and orientate new Monash students prior to Week 0.
Where is it happening?Queen Victoria Market, Queen Street, Melbourne, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: