Sun Jul 31 2022 at 05:00 pm to 06:00 pmUTC+01:00
Ham Farm Festival | Bristol, EN
About this Event
This is the biggest, most ambitious project ever done by Ham Farm Festival, and it's being done in collaboration with St James's Church in Mangotsfield to celebrate their 800 Year Centenary - that deserves a very special concert!
On stage there will be:
- 50 singers (combined choirs of Arnos Vocale, Redcliffe Singers and Nightingale Valley Choir, plus local singers joining for this project)
- Solo voice (Emily Correa Andrews)
- Quena (a Peruvian flute, played by Rowland Sutherland)
- Charango (an Andean stringed instrument, played by Forbes Henderson)
- Guitar (played by Francisco Correa)
- Double Bass (played by BBC National Orchestra of Wales bassist Chris Wescott)
- Bombo (a big Peruvian bass drum, played by Algy Behrens)
- Choir Leader (Anya Szreter)
The first part of the one-hour programme will feature songs from the community choirs and instrumentalists separately, before they all come together (nearly 60 musicians!) to perform Ariel Ramirez's Misa Criolla, an exotic, haunting and beautiful mass, part in English, part in Spanish. It's going to be magnificent.
Do not miss this concert. Get your tickets now!
Note, this concert isn't recommended for kids under 7. We suggest younger kids miss this one if possible and join up for a picnic and then Clube do Choro Bristol back at Ham Farm after this concert finishes. We have many Festival events for younger kids, please check www.hamfarmfestival.com to see what's on offer.
Where is it happening?Ham Farm Festival, Ham Farm Cottage`, Bristol, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
GBP 4.00 to GBP 10.00