MINDSHOP™| Gamify Health Apps for Robust User Engagement
Wed Jun 14 2023 at 07:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Mindshop Online Classroom | San Mateo, CA
About this Event
What is this MINDSHOP about?
Do you know the difference between mHealth gaming and gamified mHealth? Gamification refers to methodologies on how to booth engagement and retention for a specific purpose. In this sharing TechTalk, we shall discuss how gamification can be integrated into the mobile health solutions: challenges and opportunities
We will dive deeper into the several ways to gamify a health app:
- Set goals and challenges: By setting specific goals and challenges for users to complete, you can encourage them to engage with the app on a regular basis. For example, you could set a daily step goal and allow users to earn points or rewards for reaching it.
- Use a points or rewards system: A points or rewards system can be a powerful motivator for users. You can allow users to earn points for completing challenges or meeting their goals, which they can then redeem for prizes or rewards.
- Use leaderboards: Leaderboards can be a fun way to encourage competition among users and keep them engaged. You could create a leaderboard for the most steps taken, the most challenges completed, or other health-related metrics.
- Use gamification elements: Elements like progress bars, unlockable achievements, and power-ups can make using the app feel more like a game and keep users motivated to continue using it.
- Make it fun: Above all, make sure the app is fun to use. This can involve using interactive elements, engaging graphics and animations, and overall making the experience enjoyable for users.
✔️The current landscape of consumer health apps
✔️Gamification vs Game mechanics in mHealth
✔️Integration of Gamification (Use case(s))
✔️You will receive the slides and recording post-event
✔️Certificate of Attendance powered by Techversity Program
Who needs to attend?
✔️Entrepreneurs at early-stage of their startup (esp. mHealth)
✔️Managers who are committed to solving healthcare problems creatively
✔️UX designers tackling health-related design challenges
/photo credit: Alex Khomich medium article/
In one word: Polymath.
- 2020 Finalist- IdeaFest Competition, Danville, VA, 2020
- 2020 Finalist - NC Tech Showcase, Raleigh, NC, 2020
- Recipient of MU School of Medicine's Donald Linberg Award for Health IT Innovation – 2019
- Peer Reviewer at IEEE Journal of Biomedical & Health Informatics (JBHI)
- Peer Reviewer at Journal for Medical Internet Research (JMIR)
- Public Speaker: USA, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines (+30 talks)
- Author of “Gamified Psychosphere”
- HIT | Design Thinking Consultant at Medverse Lab
- A holder of Engineering Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering and Management with Specialization in Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced Degree (MS.PhD) in Health Informatics
- Industrial Background in Mobile Health App Development, Agile Deployment, Gamification, Data Science and Analytics, IoT controlled Systems, Operational Management, Business Administration (Focus on Early-Stage Startups), etc. (I can’t remember anymore, yup, this is what a nerd consists of…)
- Co-founder of DaVinci Lab, Rabat City, Morocco – the first tech-oriented coworking space in the kingdom.
- Chief Software Architect of Sutures App – Gamified Gastro-intestinal e-Surgery Simulator (Check it out! )
- Research Fellow at the University of Missouri’s Center for Biomedical Informatics.
- Chief Design Thinker / Information Architect at Sinclair School of Nursing – HEAR App
tweet me: @itskatusop
Where is it happening?Mindshop Online Classroom, ., San Mateo, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: