Merseybank to Kenworthy Orchard Wassail
Sun Jan 16 2022 at 11:00 am to 07:00 pm
M21 7PU | Manchester, EN
About this Event
“A WASSAIL, WHAT’S A WASSAIL?”
We hear you, allow us to explain:
If you’ve ever sung a carol at Christmas... then you’ve wassailed.
• Essentially a wassail is an orchard blessing, a community get together to thank the trees for their abundant crop... not that we’ve seen one of those here...YET!
• We’ll be singing to the trees and making a right hullabaloo thanks to The Galavantes.
• We’ll crown an orchard queen once we arrive at Kenworthy Orchard
• We’ll hang toast in the trees... yes, toast!
• Finally we'll pour an offering at the base of the trees of some warm spiced apple juice.
• All-in-all a great family-friendly activity.
We're running a free lantern making for those that can come to the Wassail. Book in for a time slot and our crafty friends will make sure you're 'orchard ready' to celebrate with us at 5pm.
ADDRESS FOR THE WORKSHOP IS:
The Den, 40 Merseybank Ave, Manchester M21 7NN
5PM - Meet in the community orchard on the Merseybank Playing Fields. Off Riverside Avenue. M21 7PU
Please use public transport, cycle or walk where possible. If arriving by car use the side streets around the park.
WHAT THREE WORDS: ///offer.clean.pines
OUR WET WEATHER PLAN
A bit of light rain wont stop us. Do watch out for last minute changes landing in your inbox prior to the event.
OUR COVID SAFETY MEASURES:
- We'll be following the latest guidance for safe outdoor events
- We'll have QR code check-in point for the NHS app
- please be mindful of social distancing.
WITH THANKS TO:
Manchester City Council and their #TreeActionManchester support which has helped us establish and care for these community orchards, which in time will feed local people and support local biodiversity. Best of all it also acts as an outdoor venue for events such as these.
Where is it happening?M21 7PU, Riverside Avenue, Manchester, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: