Lunch + Learn with Knowledge Network at Cross Cultural Walking Tours
Sun May 29 2022 at 11:00 am to 04:00 pm
Hon Hsing Athletic Club of Vancouver | Vancouver, BC
About this Event
Join the Cross Cultural Walking Tours for a lunch and learn with Knowledge Network’s British Columbia: An Untold Story at Hon Hsing Athletic Club. Indigenous, Chinese, Japanese, Punjabi, Black, and European stories are woven together to present an astute look at the complicated histories that shaped BC as we know it today.
- 11:00AM-1:00PM - Episode 1 (Change + Resistance) & Episode 2 (Labour + Persistence)
- 1:00PM-1:30PM - BREAK FOR LUNCH!
- 1:30PM-3:30PM - Episode 3 (Migration + Resilience) & Episode 4 (Nature + Co-Existence)
Location: Hon Hsing Athletic Club at 29 E Pender St, Vancouver
Capacity: Up to 50 participants
- There are four episodes in this screening, each one hour in length. Think of it as a double feature at the movies, with a free lunch catered by a local business in between!
- Registration is required and ID must match (non-transferrable)
- Participants may come and go throughout the day
- Photographer onsite
This event is sponsored by Knowledge Network and hosted in partnership with our community partners PCHC-MoM, GVJCCA, Wongs' Benevolent and Hon Hsing Athletic Club. It is part of the 4th annual Cross Cultural Walking Tours celebration. For the full festival program schedule: https://www.crossculturaltours.ca/annual-may-tours
Accessibility: Hon Hsing Athletic Club is accessed via steep stairs (unfortunately, this venue is not wheelchair accessible). There are single occupancy washrooms.
Covid protocol: We are monitoring Vancouver Coastal Health Authority's Covid protocols and will operate in alignment with them. We encourage mask-wearing for the safety and comfort of folks who are immunocompromised. We will send an email to participants closer to the date with the most up-to-date information.
These workshops take place on the unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and sə̓lílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples.
Where is it happening?Hon Hsing Athletic Club of Vancouver, 29 East Pender Street, Vancouver, Canada
Event Location & Nearby Stays: