Long Branch Ocean Mile Swim (2023)
Sun Aug 06 2023 at 08:00 am to 09:30 amUTC-04:00
Pier Village | Long Branch, NJ
AdvertisementLong Branch Ocean Mile Swim
Sunday - August 6
**PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY ON/BEFORE AUGUST 4!!:
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION**
• $30: Before August 1 (Race Shirt Guaranteed)
• $40: August 1 - 4 (Race Shirt While Supplies Last)
• 2021: https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/116756/#resultSetId-267774;perpage:5000
• 2019: https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/44645#resultSetId-167184;perpage:100
• 2018: https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/44645#resultSetId-127689;perpage:100
• 2017: https://runsignup.com/Race/Results/44645#resultSetId-90185;perpage:100
• 2016: https://www.athlinks.com/event/50367/results/Event/575790/Course/863210
• 2015: https://raceforum.com/2015/licataoa.htm
• 2014: https://www.raceforum.com/2014/raylicataoa.htm
We're looking forward to welcoming you back to the 2023 Long Branch Ocean Mile Swim. The race will again follow a rectangular course, with both the start AND finish in Pier Village...
66 Centennial Drive
Long Branch, NJ 07740
*This address will bring you within 50m of the gazebo where packet pick-up is located...but the closer you can park to the beach, the better.
Parking is FREE until 10am, so if you intend to stay past 10am, please be sure you pay the meters.
Packet Pick-up: 630-730am
Race Start: 8am
o What is the typical water temperature?
Ocean temperatures are typically in the high 60s/low-70s.
o Are wetsuits allowed?
Wetsuits are allowed, but those wearing wetsuits are not eligible for awards.
o How is the course set up?
The race will follow a rectangular, course, with both the start AND finish in Pier Village.
If you have any other questions, please e-mail Coach Brian:
Who is Coach Brian?
o Brian Shea comes to the program with a wealth of experience in endurance sports as an athlete, coach and consultant. He is the Founder & Head Coach/Consultant at Jersey Shore/Asbury Masters & Long Branch Ocean Swims & for over 25 years, has competed in all levels of endurance sports from 5K to Ultra-marathon Swims/Runs to Ironman.
o He has raced/won triathlons in the United States & abroad with multiple Ironman finishes including Ironman Hawaii with Personal Bests of:
5k - 15:54
Marathon - 2:49
Ironman - 9:31
Most recently, Brian has (5) top-10 finishes at the 8+mile Annual Swim for Alligator Light (Islamorada FL) as well as 2nd & 3rd place finishes (M40-44) at the United States Lifesaving Association National Championships.
o On the coaching side, Brian is a certified coach having formulated training and sports nutrition programs for athletes ranging from beginner to professional.
If you have any questions, please respond to this post & we'll circle back w/ you ASAP...OR if you'd like to contact Coach Brian directly, you can do so at: [email protected]
Where is it happening?Pier Village, 1 Chelsea Ave,Long Branch,NJ,United States, Long Branch, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: