Long-Arm Quilting Machine Basics
Thu Jul 13 2023 at 10:00 am to 01:00 pm
The Maker Spot: 2nd Floor, NRH Library | North Richland Hills, TX
About this Event
This class is required for anyone who wishes to use the long arm quilting machine in The Maker Spot. All class attendees must have an NRH library card in good standing.
Please arrive early to the class so that it can begin on time.
In this class, you will learn:
- Parts of the Machine
- About Thread, Threading, and Needles
- Bobbin Winding, Placement, and Cleaning
- Attaching Layers of Quilt
- Stitching and Stitches
- Basic Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- How to Properly Reset Machine After Use
- Safety Guidelines
- Reservation Guidelines & Pricing
- 1 solid piece of fabric 32X36
- 1 other piece of coordinating fabric 36X40
- 1 piece of batting (cotton or cotton blend) 36X40
- All cuts must be exact
This class is open to those 17 years old and older.
Attendees must have basic sewing and quilting knowledge. This class will teach only how to use the machine, not how to create a quilt.
Where is it happening?The Maker Spot: 2nd Floor, NRH Library, 9015 Grand Ave, North Richland Hills, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: