Late at the Lake Season 3
Tue Jun 06 2023 at 08:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Mozart's Coffee Roasters | Austin, TX
About this Event
Late at the Lake is Austin's weekday beacon for professional local & touring musicians down to avid enthusiasts with a song or word to share.
Anywhere from 25-40 of Austin's finest singer-songwriters, poets, and professional musicians make their way to our deck to mutually encourage and inspire one another - and the rest of us!
An open mic turned podcast platform (Patreon: Late at the Lake) your attendance is free and seating is open, but reserve an Eticket through Eventbrite to claim 20% off your cafe purchase during the performance.
Your participation in the open mic is your agreement to allow Mozart's to record your performance and distribute it on our streaming platforms.
Hosted by Robert Parker Jr. and Anthony Corsaro.
Questions? Email [email protected]
OPEN MIC RULES:
- LOTTERY sign ups open at 7:30 and close around 8:15 pm. Anyone entered during that window gets drawn randomly from The Bowl and called in the order of the randomized drawing. Anyone signed up after 8:15 gets considered chronologically once everyone from the bowl has performed. You are not guaranteed a performance time just for showing up.
- The show officially starts at 8 pm and closes at 11 pm, no matter where we are in the sign-ups.
- One song per musician, 4-5 minutes for every other kind of performance. A light will be flashed gently when you are nearing your time limit.
- No dance entries.
- Participants must be 16 and older.
- When in doubt, don't assume the hosts have what you need for your performance.
1. Can I borrow a guitar?
Not unless you get lucky with a friend who is also there. Do not assume there is a communal guitar. Bring your own guitars, and if you are picky about your microphone, bring that also.
2. Can I bring my keyboard?
Mozart's supplies a house keyboard specifically on Tuesday nights and it stays up during the show. It works. It is weighted. It has 88 keys. It has over 400 tones.
3. Can my 5-piece-band play a song?
Performances are limited to trios, and when set-up is taking longer than the performance, not cool.
4. Is there a drum set?
No. Bring your handheld percussion. Cajons are perfect.
5. Can I bring my political views/merchandise/flyers?
An open mic is not for the airing of personal grievances or business advertising, it is for freely contributing your artistry. Where the two overlap, that's fair. This is not the place to hold your rally or make your demonstration and we will politely ask you to hold council across the street so the show can go on. We don't censor, and you only have a performance time of 5 minutes max. We do not allow canvassing and the hosts will not help you hand out your flyers/business card/etc.
Direct your unique questions to [email protected].
Where is it happening?Mozart's Coffee Roasters, 3825 Lake Austin Boulevard, Austin, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: