Juneteenth Family Day
Mon Jun 19 2023 at 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm
The Green-Wood Cemetery | Brooklyn, NY
About this Event
Celebrate this important holiday marking the end of slavery by delving deep in Black history at Green-Wood! This free event will include family-friendly tours and art activities inspired by the Black lives that are forever memorialized at Green-Wood.
This event is intended for families with kids. Activities will be the most engaging for kids ages 2-7, tours will be most engaging for older children and their adults. More information about activities and tours are forthcoming.
Free. Registration is recommended, but not required. Please consider a to the Green-Wood Historic Fund so that we can continue to offer free and low-cost programs throughout the year.
Before Registering, Please Note:
- Location: This program takes place at and near the Fort Hamilton Parkway Entrance to Green-Wood at Fort Hamilton Parkway and Micieli Place.
- Attendees ages 2 and over are encouraged to wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff, ambassadors, and other program leaders. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- Comfortable, closed-toe footwear is recommended. Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance by contacting [email protected].
- There are no paper or e-tickets, and registrants do not have to check in. Registration is helpful to give us an idea of participant numbers so that we may have enough materials on hand.
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the program and will not make a final decision until 8 am the day of the program. Registered attendees will be notified by email in case of cancellation. There is no rain date for this program.
Where is it happening?The Green-Wood Cemetery, 500 25th Street, Brooklyn, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: