Intuitive Singing Circle, Friday 10th February, Amsterdam
Fri Feb 10 2023 at 07:15 pm to 09:00 pm
The Breathing Space | Amsterdam, NH
About this Event
Do you feel the need to let your voice be heard?Is your heart longing to make music like no-one is watching and listening?Are you stopping yourself from singing because someone told you, “you are not talented” enough?
In this circle all voices are welcome. Come as you are.A professional singer, an amateur, a shy type who perhaps just prefers to listen and observe, a person who never sang before but feels the need to start.
A person who can hit the right pitch and a person who can’t.
Together with me and my drum’s help I will open the door of intuitive music, a space without any rules, words or fixed tones.All you need is an open heart and mind. That’s when the magic will happen.I will help you to sing from your heart, leaving old beliefs about what singing should or shouldn’t be behind.You will find your own way to your sensitivity and strength through your unique and most beautiful instrument; your voice.
IN THIS SPACE WE WILL:
- sing together intuitively in a circle
- sing a mantra to warm up ourselves in the circle
- do some warming voice exercises
- have space to share our own stories
- meet likeminded people to whom singing brings the same joy & fun and to whom it is equally important as an expression of ourselves
THIS SESSION IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- love singing (regardless the musical abilities)
- don’t have much (or at all) experience with using your voice in public through singing or speaking
- want to improve your communication skills
- want to improve your self expression
- suppressed your voice in the past (for example because someone told you, “you are not a good singer”)- are looking to reconnect to the joy and fun of music
- love singing and want to join a group to create music together
- are the shy type at work or in your circle of friends, wanting to speak up more- want to learn how to express yourself through your voice
Benefits of Singing:
- Reaching a feeling of being at home with yourself
- Enhances lung capacity and functioning
- Makes you feel good
- Helps improve memory
- Lets you express yourself
- Self-confidence boost
- Calms the nervous system
- Reduces stress
- Breaks down emotional and physical blockages
- Unlocks creativity
- Boosts your immune system
- Relieves or lessens anxiety and depression
This workshop is for everyone, no singing experience necessary.
- Places are limited
- You are welcome to bring an instrument (drum, guitar, shaker, etc) and join in creating music together with your voice
- Session will take a place with a minimum of 5 participants- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the event at any time with a full refund- Tickets are non-refundable but you can give away your place to a new owner
Agata is a Sound therapist, Medicine Woman, Ayurvedic massage therapist & Ayurvedic therapist. She is the founder of Agata Wholistic Touch.
She was in a 4 year training under 2 shamans who help her to expand her work using music as a medicine.
She works with voice, body & sound, offering “Reconnecting with your voice” workshops, sound bath sessions and ceremonies (cacao, sacred tobacco rapé and magic truffles) to groups, 1-1 and to companies.
“In my soul I have always been a musician and an artist. Music has been in my life ever since I remember. This is my second skin that I breathe and dream. It is my personal language and my medicine. Thanks to my shaman teachers from Portugal I have learned over many years how to guide others and help them to connect to their inner selves through music.”
Learn more and connect with Agata on Instagram @agata.wholistic.touch or at www.agata-wholistic-touch.com.
Where is it happening?The Breathing Space, 50 Van Kinsbergenstraat, Amsterdam, Netherlands
EUR 16.00 to EUR 19.00