Interpersonal Skills for Effective Leadership Course - 30th May 2023 - Melb
Tue May 30 2023 at 09:00 am to 03:30 pm
William Angliss Conference Centre Melbourne | Melbourne, VI
About this Event
This workshop will give participants strategies for team collaboration, building relationships and achieving results (based on leadership, influencing, communication and team theories).
Participants will gain an understanding and application of principles, skills and tools for collaborative, constructive teams (face to face/virtual/hybrid) and people development, whether you are a manager, team leader, team member or project team member.
You will learn how to recognise and adapt to your own and team members’ individual differences, styles, strengths, how to collaborate and leverage team diversity to engage collaboratively, build relationships while achieving individual, team and organisational goals.
Strategies will be covered to create and maintain an inclusive, positive team culture, creating and maintaining trust, psychological safety, individual/team accountability, and skills for communication and constructive conflict.
“People skills” or “soft skills” are now known as the “super power skills”, that are difficult and “hard” skills (but can be learned and developed continuously), that contribute to “hard”, bottom line results.
Research shows a direct positive correlation between a leader’s interpersonal and people skills/levels of emotional intelligence, with improved employee engagement levels, increased customer service, and ultimate positive impact on organisational results.
Emotional intelligence is recognised as a key factor in employee/leadership performance and success. Effective leaders and people have the ability to lead themselves first, before leading others: having self-awareness, managing your own emotions, enabling you to be in touch with other’s emotions, for empathy, assertiveness, honest conversations, improved wellbeing and positive team culture.
Leaders with developed EI have more motivated teams, improved communication, trust, teamwork and collaboration.
The course will give practical tools, based on original and modern leadership theories, based on thought leaders in emotional intelligence, leadership, team development, influencing, wellbeing, neuroscience and interpersonal skills.
- Lead individuals/teams with effective communication and influence
- Emotionally intelligent leadership and positive impact
- Common team goals, aligned to organisational vision/purpose
- Adapt your leadership style to the appropriate situation
- Dealing with conflict and difficult situations
- Develop effective working relationships by building trust and credibility
- Regular two-way feedback for performance, relationships and wellbeing
- Motivate your team and improve engagement
- Build individual and team performance with participation and consultation
Who is this workshop for?
This is a people management course, covering practical strategies for successful team leadership, influence and impact.
Whether you are a team member, new, emerging or experienced team leader, or want to increase your leadership capabilities, this workshop provides practical skills to help you lead yourself and others authentically and effectively.
This course is for people who want to enhance their skills, build or add to their leadership toolkit, and to focus on your own ongoing development, as well as developing others.
Topics and key content
- Overview of leadership and management
- Characteristics of effective and high performing teams
- The life cycle of collaborative teams
- Shared understanding of individual and team responsibilities
- Effective influencing, decision making, leadership behaviours and styles
- Prioritising and balancing relationships, results, and wellbeing
- Communicating and engaging with individuals and teams
- Challenging conversations - assertiveness and listening skills
- Performance development coaching conversations
- Communication and conflict styles
- Understanding different individual styles and strengths
Where is it happening?William Angliss Conference Centre Melbourne, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: