Indian Short Film Night - Auckland
Tue Jun 20 2023 at 07:00 pm to 08:30 pm
The Kingslander | Auckland, AU
About this Event
Journey with us to India with the Indian Short Film Nights collection of short films, presented by Show Me Shorts Film Festival. This collection of five award-winning Indian short films will showcase a wide range of filmmaking styles and stories, programmed in collaboration with the Bengaluru International Short Film Festival. The films will allow us to travel into the hearts and minds of top Indian storytellers, and invite us to discover their secret inner worlds.
- Pinni is a delightful coming-of-age drama directed by Bhuvan Sathya, about a boy who finds joy in small things.
- GPS offers a thrilling ride in a taxi that has collected a ghostly passenger, directed by Raghunandan Kaanadka.
- Kiss is a mind bending science fiction story about a filmmaker facing censorship, directed by renowned writer/comedian/poet Varun Grover.
- Shit One Carries is a relatable tale of the challenges looking after elderly parents, directed by award-winning New Zealand Indian writer/director/academic Shuchi Kothari.
- My Mother's Girlfriend introduces us two working class women celebrating a special day out together in secret.
Rating: To be advised
Languages: Indian languages, with English subtitles
Total run time: 85 minutes
Where is it happening?The Kingslander, 470 New North Road, Auckland, New Zealand