In-person Workshop: Samantha Dion Baker: Draw Your Day for Kids!
Sat Jan 29 2022 at 09:30 am to 10:00 am
Books Are Magic | Brooklyn, NY
About this Event
- All guests eligible for vaccination must be vaccinated to attend.
- All attendees must wear a face mask at all times.
- Each ticket will include either a copy of the featured book or a $10 Books Are Magic gift card.
- Each ticket allows for 1 child into the workshop with accompany adults.
- Home address is collected for contact tracing purposes; it will not be used otherwise.
- As a reminder: If you are not feeling well, please do not come to the event, even if you have a ticket; email us and we'll work it out.
If you have any questions regarding these guidelines or to request accessibility accommodations, please contact [email protected]
Hours of fun, art, and inspiration await in the kids’ version of popular Instagram artist Samantha Dion Baker’s Draw Your Day, an instructive and inspirational guide to keeping a daily sketch journal.
With an encouraging and kid-friendly tone, Baker shares the benefits of keeping an illustrated daily journal with young readers. Drawing daily is a relaxing and reassuring way to express yourself, as well as a practical way to hone art and observation skills and creativity. The book will also function as a time capsule, enabling kids to look back on their memories and feelings, as well as having a visual representation of their developing artistic abilities.
Adapted from the adult book with simplified text, kid-friendly art and prompts, and a built-in journal for kids to apply everything they’ve learned and create their own keepsake, Baker’s signature illustrations inspire and demonstrate art techniques. With recommendations for materials, practice exercises, and ideas for inspiration, a budding artist could hardly wish for anything more.
Samantha Dion Baker graduated from The Cooper Union in New York City and spent over 20 years working as a graphic designer. Now a full-time illustrator and artist, her favorite thing to do is wander the city streets and travel with her family, drawing all of the things she does, eats and sees on the pages of her sketch journal. Originally from Philadelphia, Samantha lives and works in Brooklyn with her husband and two boys. She is the author of Draw Your Day, The Draw Your Day Sketchbook, Draw Your World, and Draw Your Day For Kids!
Where is it happening?Books Are Magic, 225 Smith Street, Brooklyn, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 0.00 to USD 14.99