Helping Parents Thrive Parenting Their D/HH children - Virginia Beach, VA
Fri Mar 24 2023 at 12:00 pm to 01:30 pm
Virginia Beach | Virginia Beach, VA
Become more confident and energized!
Take charge of being resourceful!
About this Event
Dear Parents of deaf and hard of hearing children:
Are you struggling to maintain balance in your family lifestyle?
Do you feel discouraged with your efforts to adapt to your deaf child's unique needs?
Join us to learn 6 steps to building healthy and harmonious relationships within your home and community. You will also discover:
- Learning to recognize your emotions and how to manage them
- How to problem solve efficiently and effectively
- Resources and tools that best match your family’s needs
- What the best communication modality may be fitting for you and your child
- Ways on how to be an active and effective advocate for your child
- How to improve encouragements while working with your child’s self-advocacy
- Productive strategies on how to improve your family life
Sign Language will be used upon request.
Day 1: (Understanding) Introduction. Gain better understanding about which resources can help you with your child.
Day 2: (Thriving) Explanation of the development of exploration and concept plan (of what it may look like) and the process of how parents can determine where to grow.
What you need to know:
• This exclusive 90-minute workshop will be held live on Zoom.
• Sign up now and check your email.
• Have camera ready & grab your paper and pen
• Live participation includes the following:
- Access to recording of workshop
- Introduction to coaching sessions
- Premier access to new offerings and tools
About the instructor:
Betsy Smith is a deaf coach/guide with a wide area of knowledge in deaf and hard of hearing education and community. With 20 plus years of teaching background and life experience, Betsy is well equipped to gently steer you to the peace you need and deserve! As a deaf person all her life, her expertise in education and community advocacy coupled with a deeply spiritual approach, make her the perfect match to shepherd you through your deaf and/or hard-of-hearing child’s education.
Not only has Betsy worked with many deaf and hard of hearing parents, but she also worked with many different children of special needs. She truly has a special sense of connecting those with her talents, especially with emotional understanding, creative expressions, artistic solutions, healing practices and is a great problem solver.
Mission: To help guide parents with children who are deaf and hard of hearing who are struggling to find the balance in their lives and help them reconnect as one big happy family. I want to help ensure that they create an empowered and healthy life despite their child’s hearing loss because I believe that anything is possible that you set your dreams to.
Where is it happening?Virginia Beach, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: