Sun Feb 05 2023 at 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm
Across from 95 Garratt Blvd | Toronto, ON
About this Event
A free skating experience at The Hangar District in Downsview.
Presented by Northcrest, North York Arts and Your Peak Performance, with support from the Government of Canada.
Join us every weekend in February for “Hangar Skate” – a FREE pop-up skating rink outside an 80,000 sq.ft airplane hangar at The Hangar District in Downsview. With live DJs in the evenings, free skating lessons in the afternoons, and a special Family Day program, bring your skates and scarves and explore the soon-to-be reimagined Downsview Airport Lands with some fun on the ice! Guests will be able to see the inside of an airplane hangar that has rarely been open to the public.
Please note that this event series is dependent on weather and is subject to cancellation.
February 4-26, 2023
The Hangar District in Downsview
Across from 95 Garratt Blvd.
- Saturdays & Sundays 1pm-4pm: Open skate with free skating lessons (first-come, first served)
- Saturdays 5pm-8pm – Live DJ and open skate
Special Family Day Weekend additions:
- Sunday, February 19 5pm-8pm: Live DJ and open skate
- Monday, February 20, 1pm-4pm: Family DJ open skate
*Free skate rentals and helmets available onsite (first-come first-served)
Q & A
1. The EventBrite page says 'Sold Out' for the slot I want to attend. Does this mean I can't attend? No, you may still be able to attend. Advanced registration may be full, but walk-ins will be accommodated subject to rink capacity.
2. Where is the rink located? The rink is located across from 95 Garratt Blvd. in Downsview.
3. Will there be washrooms on-site? There will be accessible washrooms available on-site.
4. How do I get there by transit? Transit Directions: From Wilson Station, take the 96 or 165 bus to Garratt Blvd. and walk north 750m to the skating rink. Alternatively, from Wilson Station, take the 120 bus to Gilley Road at Garratt Blvd. and walk north 260m to the skating rink.
5. Is parking available on-site? If so, where? Parking is available onsite. The entrance for cars and pedestrians is located across from 95 Garratt Blvd.
6. Is this a rain-or-shine event? The rink will be open in all conditions, except if it is too warm for the ice to stay frozen. Should this occur, a cancellation email will be sent.
7. Is skate sharpening available on-site? Unfortunately, there will not be skate-sharpening services available on-site.
8. Will there be food and drink available for sale? There will not be food or drink available for sale on-site. We encourage guests to bring their own snacks and hot beverages!
9. Are storage lockers available for rent? There will not be any storage lockers on-site.
10. What do I need to rent skates? A credit card or government-issued ID will be held at the skate rental counter until the skates are returned.
11. Can I use the rink to play ice-sports? No. The rink is intended for free skating only. Ice sports will not be permitted.
Where is it happening?Across from 95 Garratt Blvd, 95 Garratt Boulevard, Toronto, Canada
Event Location & Nearby Stays: