Governance of Information Security Foundation Training in Adelaide
Wed Jan 19 2022 at 09:00 am to Wed Dec 21 2022 at 05:00 pmUTC+10:30
For venue details reach us at [email protected] | Adelaide, SA
About this Event
Certificate: Course Completion Certificate Language: English
Duration: 1 Day Credits: 8 PDU’s & 8 SEU’s
Course Delivery: Classroom/ Virtual Live/ On-Site
Information Security is a critical topic given the huge amount of information that is handled electronically and the associated Risks of mobile communications, the internet, portable storage devices and cybercrime. However, implementing effective security is a challenge because the topic is complex and technical, poorly understood and often not addressed in a business-like or systematic manner.
This Course provides a broad range of stakeholders with an appreciation of how to drive the implementation of an effective information security improvement program driven systematically by business needs. Using an “information security Management system” approach combined with governance and Management Practices will enable participants to ensure that implementation has appropriate support from board level and senior executive Management and addresses security in a sustainable and practical way.
The Course is based on COBIT 5 and ISO/IEC 27000 Principles but at a level that can be understood by everyone, not just governance or technical security experts.
This Course is aimed at business and IT managers, auditors, and consultants as well as Information Security professionals
- Effective governance and Management Practices.
- The challenges faced by the organizations while implementing improved information security.
- The strategies and techniques to effectively manage the challenges of implementing improved information security.
- The components of the COBIT 5 Framework and an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The role of the COBIT 5 framework in guiding an effective improvement programme.
- The Process of initiating and sustaining continual improvement of Information Security based on the ISMS.
- Governing and Managing Information Security
- COBIT 5 and ISO27000
- Establishing the ISMS
- Implementing the ISMS
- Sustaining the ISMS
- Wrap up and Close
- Overview of Governance and Information Security
- Governance and Management Challenges of Information Security
- Overview of COBIT 5
- Overview of ISO 27000
- Establishing an ISMS
- Organizing ISMS roles and responsibilities
- Aligning the ISMS with business
- Initiating continual improvement
- Sustaining the ISMS
- Monitoring the ISMS
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Students will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.
There is no exam.
Internet for downloading the eBook
Laptop, tablet, Smartphone, eReader (No Kindle)
Adobe DRM supported software (e.g. Digital Editions, Bluefire Reader) eBook download and activation instructions
However, catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning. Reach us at [email protected] for dates and details of Instructor Led Live Virtual Session.
If you would like to get this course customized and delivered exclusively for your group, we have an On-Site Training Option you can reach us at [email protected] for more details about on-site or corporate training.
Groups of 3 people 10% Discount
Groups of 5 people 15% Discount
Groups of 10 people 20% Discount
Where is it happening?For venue details reach us at [email protected], PH: + 61(0) 2 80155605, Adelaide, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
AUD 699.00 to AUD 899.00