Gelli Plate Printing Workshop with Robin Roberts
Sun Feb 19 2023 at 11:00 am to 03:00 pm
Art on 30th | San Diego, CA
AdvertisementLearn to use the gelli plate and make unique and vibrant multi-layer monoprints by hand using slow-dry Golden OPEN acrylic paints!
About this Event
Learn to use the Gelli plate and make unique and vibrant multi-layer monoprints by hand using slow-dry Golden OPEN acrylic paints!
In this workshop, learn how to apply paint onto a Gelli plate, create masks, incorporate stencils, layer translucent and opaque paints, build up multiple layers, and transfer magazine images.
Students will create stacks of unique multi-layered prints that can be matted or framed or used in creating mixed media art. One thing is for sure: there will be both planned and spontaneous results!
- Gelli Plate, 8x10 or larger
- Golden OPEN acrylic paints (normal acrylic paints will not work with this process, it must be the OPEN line from Golden)
- normal acrylic paint in white and black
- 4-inch soft rubber brayer
- printmaking paper (i.e. cheap drawing paper, tissue paper, old papers from books, sheet music, maps, etc.)
- baby wipes
- stencils or plant material of any kind (i.e. ferns, leaves, any odds and ends of lace, string, yarn, corrugated cardboard, any items with texture)
- marking tools (i.e. chopsticks, soft-ended scrappers, or anything that will mark but not puncture the Gelli Plate)
- a few paint brushes
- matte medium
- newsprint paper or scraps to off-load extra paint
- Cost $85
- Sunday, February 19th from 11:00am-3:00pm
- Max 14 students
- All skill levels welcome
- Age level: adult (18 & up)
- Students are encouraged to bring snacks or a bagged lunch
Where is it happening?Art on 30th, 4434 30th Street, San Diego, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: