Garden Volunteer Shifts
Sat Jun 03 2023 at 10:00 am to 03:00 pm
Garden for the Environment | San Francisco, CA
About this Event
Garden for the Environment is excited to have you volunteer! We need your help to keep the garden healthy and beautiful. During this continued COVID19 time, volunteers must sign up for volunteer shifts. This limits the number of volunteers and ensures a safe and pleasant experience.
We would prefer that you stay for the entire shift (10 AM - 3 PM) to maximize the amount of work we accomplish. However, we understand if you need to leave early – just let us know when you arrive.
Volunteer shifts are intended to offer learning opportunities to individuals, families, and small groups of friends - not serve as private group outings. If you are interested in registering a group of three or more, please visit our website's to learn more.
Volunteer Shift Guidelines:
- Arrive by 9:50a.m. Introductions and instructions will be provided by GFE staff at 10a.m.
- Bring your own gardening gloves; they are highly recommended for your safety.
- Bring water, snacks and/or lunch, sun protection, and wear close-toed shoes and clothes you feel comfortable moving in and can get dirty.
- You may sign up for no more than one shift at a time to allow access to all who want to help. GFE staff reserves the right to cancel shifts if there's overbooking. Feel free to sign up for another as soon as you finish one.
- Each person in your party (including children) must be signed up.
- To keep all volunteers safe, children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Volunteers 13 - 17 years old may come on their own but will need a parent or guardian to sign a waiver.
- No walk-up registration is permitted for volunteer shifts.
- Please sign up only if you are 100% sure you can participate to avoid canceled tickets.
- GFE Mask Guidelines: Masks are optional for vaccinated visitors (workshop participants, volunteers, students, etc.) and required for unvaccinated individuals. As a reminder, our staff is fully vaccinated and boosted. Thank you for continuing to keep the garden a safe and open space for everyone!
- You will be required to sign a liability waiver when completing your registration. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a guardian.
- Please cancel your shift and do not come to GFE if you know you have been exposed to COVID19 or develop COVID19 symptoms on or before the day of your volunteer shift (fever, chills, repeated shaking / shivering, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, feeling unusually weak or fatigued, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, runny or congested nose, or diarrhea)
- Please do not sign up for a volunteer shift if you are unwilling or unable to adhere to the above guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer, a hand-washing station, water bottle filler, and an all-gender portable toilet will be provided.
- There are many steps in the garden, including a large staircase or steep slope to get to the portable toilet. Within the garden, there are several small steps, but large parts of the garden with no steps at all.
- Kneepads are available for use.
Please email GFE at [email protected] if you have questions.
Where is it happening?Garden for the Environment, 1590 7th Avenue, San Francisco, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: