From Good Manager To Great Leader … Yes, You Can!
Tue Mar 28 2023 at 09:30 am to 04:00 pm
Christie Conference Centre Sydney | North Sydney, NS
About this Event
Is there really a difference between management and leadership? Well, yes, there is!
In most cases, managers use their specific technical skills, knowledge, and expertise to achieve set objectives. The primary role of leaders is to influence and inspire people. Of course, both functions are crucial, and sometimes, a person must act as both a manager and leader. To explain further, here are some key differences between each of the roles:
- Leaders set the vision; managers follow it
- Leaders think ideas; managers think execution
- Leaders inspire people; managers drive their success
- Leaders look in the future; managers work in the present
- Leaders shape the culture; managers encourage and support it
Within this course offered by Pathways Australia you will be presented with a range of practical ideas, tips and techniques; have opportunities to discuss issues and work with your fellow participants and undertake confidential self-assessments that will help you learn more about yourself and how you can become a highly effective leader.
- Making the transition from manager to leader
- Leading change and innovation … The eight critical stages
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Motivating people and promoting high performance
- Communicating with influence and impact
Who's it for?
- Those holding middle to senior-level roles in organisations
- Experienced leaders who want to become even more effective
- Managers who want to make the transition to true leader
- People who are struggling in their leadership roles
Please note: This course is not suitable for emerging managers or managers with less than three years of experience. We suggest you enrol in ‘So You’ve Made It To ‘Manager’… How To Survive & Thrive!’
- A clear understanding of how to transition from manager to true leader
- Practical knowledge and skills to enable you to drive organisational innovation and change
- An enhanced capacity to think clearly and critically
- Greater problem-solving abilities
- Deep insights into how to motivate team members and drive enhanced performance
- A greater ability to communicate clearly and with impact
Peter Holdsworth has spent most of his professional career leading, managing and advising community service organisations so he has unique insights into what works and what doesn't ... particularly in the art of management.
He has post-graduate qualifications in management, is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management, a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and is a Churchill Fellow.
He also sits on the boards of four community service organisations. His presentations are practical, engaging and memorable!
Where is it happening?Christie Conference Centre Sydney, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: