French Wine Scholar
Sat Feb 05 2022 at 10:00 am to Sun Mar 13 2022 at 03:00 pm
Kimpton Maa-lai | Bangkok, BM
About this Event
Students who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal (e.g. John Smith, FWS).
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
The French Wine Scholar™ program is designed for both professionals and enthusiasts. It is a great resource and supplement for learners of wine moving toward the advanced wine programs from the CMS, CWE, WSET or MW. While not a pre-requisite, we recommend that candidates successfully complete at least the first level of one of these programs before enrolling the FWS program.
WHY STUDY FRENCH WINES?Every learner of wine eventually discover France. Some use it as the starting point to begin their wine journey while others arrive in France after having sampled the wines of other countries. There is a world within French wine and wine styles of France have certainly impacted the entire wine world.
France is the botanic birth place of the most commercially significant grape varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, Pinot Gris, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah to name a few. Therefore, by studying French wine, learners build a strong foundation of knowledge from which to expand at will.
- 10 class meetings of 3 hours of lecture & tutored tastings hosted by an approved instructor.
- 60 in-class wines tasting samples
- 274-page full-color manual
- 1-year access to online program (e-learning multimedia, review quizzes, and downloadable maps
- Registration for the FWS examination
WHAT YOU"LL LEARN:
For each wine region, you will learn how viticulturists and winemakers have exploited their natural terroir to craft the styles and quality of wines known today.
The wine regions include: Alsace, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Languedoc-Roussillon, Rhône, Southwest France, Provence, Corsica and Champagne
- The final examination consists of a 100 multiple choice questionnaire.
- Candidates who achieve a 75% pass will be awarded a the FWS post-nominal, a pin and certificate.
- Candidates who achieve a score of 85-90% will graduate with Honors
- Candidates who achieve a score of 91% or above will graduate with Highest Honors.
Ms Sariya Kampanathsanyakorn "Yui", DipWSET, FWS (with Highest Honors) and Approved WSG Instructor
Where is it happening?Kimpton Maa-lai, Soi Ton Son, Lumphini, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok, Thailand
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
THB 45000.00 to THB 48150.00