Founder Office Hours w/ Central Texas Angel Network
Fri Feb 16 2024 at 09:45 am to 11:45 am
Austin Chamber of Commerce | Austin, TX
About this Event
CTAN Office Hours is direct, one-on-one conversations between our experienced angel investors and entrepreneurs. The format is “speed dating”.
Office Hours includes all of the following:
- Private, one-on-one, ~15 minute conversations with an angels
- A flexible format to help entrepreneurs of all experience levels, and to assist ventures at any level of maturity
An opportunity for the entrepreneur to:
- Better understand CTAN and our investment process
- Talk to an angel investor
- Get feedback on the venture; on the elevator speech, the cap table, or anything else
- Discuss any specific aspects of the venture the entrepreneur chooses
9:45AM-10AM - Introduction to CTAN + Founders arrive for Intro to CTAN and pre-"speed dating" instructions
10AM-11:45AM - The first group of founders will be paired with our mentors. You will sit down with them for 15 minutes and go over your business. This can include a challenge you're having, pitch practice, financials, generals feedback etc. Whatever is most relevant to your business.
11:45AM-12PM - CTAN MEMBERS ONLY - recap. Our members will recap together which companies we'd like to provide fee-waivers to apply to the next CTAN funding cycle.
1. 15 minute time slots will be strict. You must leave the table with your angel at that 15 minute mark.
2. You can review who our angels are in advance to try to sit with the one who you feel has the most knowledge in your industry, but we will not be pairing you based on your industry. You can sit down with the angels on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that when you're in your group, you will sit down with whomever you select. You will only be able to sit with one angel, one time. You cannot go back to the same angel each turn.
3. Groups will be based on how many angels are present (i.e. if there are 10 angels, we will have groups of 10 founders). Whoever is not in that group, will wait 15 minutes for their turn to talk to the angels.
4. If you are a startup team, you will need to sit with the angels together. You cannot have 2 co-founders talking about the same business separately.
5. In order for this to be the most productive event, please RSVP 'YES' to this event and complete the below form.
Where is it happening?Austin Chamber of Commerce, 535 East 5th Street, Austin, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: