February 2023 Self Guided Safari Zoo Field Trips
Fri Feb 10 2023 at 01:45 pm to 03:45 pm
Alaska Zoo | Anchorage, AK
About this Event
February 2023 Self Guided Safari
Note: If you are an ASD Title 1 school, please read the information on rates below. You will receive the special rate of $5/person in the month of February 2023!
Description: Schedule an unguided walk through the zoo and go at your own pace! Our 23-acre grounds with outdoor trails is the ideal way to get students outdoors in a safe environment. Add to the educational experience by downloading our standards-based guides on our Learning Yurt teacher resource page at https://www.alaskazoo.org/the-learning-yurt.
Grade Levels: Pre-K-12th grade (all ages welcome). Groups must be education classrooms, private schools or homeschools.
Safari Rates: $9/student, $12/adult. Ages 2 and under are free and counted at the gate. These rates are only offered to education groups who reserve in advance through this online system. Groups who arrive unscheduled will pay full admission rates. Self-Guided Safaris must be reserved and made at least 1 week prior to your visit.
NEW FOR TITLE 1 SCHOOLS! We will be offering discount months in October 2022 and February 2023 for Title 1 schools who are on the ASD list at https://www.asdk12.org/Page/5320. Self Guided Safari field trip dates for Title 1 schools ( limited to those on the list) who come to the zoo in October 2022 and February 2023 will pay the rate of $5/student and $5/adult. Groups must be pre-scheduled through this registration system.
Payment may be made in the following ways:
- Pay at the gate with a credit card, check or cash. Have one organized form of payment and a completed admissions form with you upon arrival. This form will be emailed to you after your registration is complete.
- Select the invoicing option. You will need the corresponding admissions form and will tally your numbers before you reach the gate. Once turned in at admissions, an invoice will be sent to your school with ASD accounting copied and payment will be due upon receipt by your administor.
- NO REFUNDS will be given for missing students.
If adult chaperones or teachers are zoo members and would like to use their membership at the gate, they can do so for Self Guided Safari field trips only. This only applies to adult zoo members. Children of members are not allowed to use memberships for school field trips. All children coming for an educational field trip must pay the field trip fees regardless of membership status.
Additional terms of entry:
- Groups must arrive at the scheduled time with a completed admissions form including an accurate count of students and adults and one organized payment.
- Individual group members coming through the gate separately from the group may be charged full admission.
- Please bring your registration ticket (will be attached to your confirmation email) in printed form or with the barcode pulled up on your phone for scanning at the gate.
- We ask teachers and chaperones to keep students on the trails at all times and off of trail fences. Some of the animals are COVID sensitive, so please have anyone showing symptoms consistent with COVID stay home. If animals come near public sides of their habitats, we ask people to keep a safe distance.
Ratio: You must have a ratio of 1 adult per 5 students for your safety at the zoo. Ages 12 and over need 1 adult per 10 students.
Reserve Your Field Trip: When you click the button to select your date, you will see time options. We have separate links each month of the school year on our field trip page at https://www.alaskazoo.org/alaska-zoo-field-trips. The arrival times are listed by 15 minute intervals here. If you do not see the date and time you need listed in our options, you can contact Lead Educator Taylor Cherry at [email protected] to schedule. We will always make room for your group!
Once you complete your reservation, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. One week before your program, a zoo educator will contact you via email with our Teacher Checklist, Animal List, SGS packets, Map, and Admissions Form. You will complete an Admissions Form which should be brought to the zoo and presented upon arrival. This form will include your final numbers of students and adults.
If you have questions, contact Lead Educator Taylor Cherry at [email protected] Thank you for visiting the zoo!
Where is it happening?Alaska Zoo, 4731 O'Malley Road, Anchorage, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: