ELKA YOGA SUP YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (STAND UP PADDLE BOARD YOGA)
Fri Jul 23 2021 at 08:00 am to Sun Jul 25 2021 at 12:00 pmUTC-07:00
Pier to Point Yoga & Wellness Center | San Diego, CA
About this Event
Discover the joy of teaching one of the most dynamic, fun and healing outdoor yoga practices!
Yoga on the water is extremely powerful and healing because you experience a deeper connection with MahaPrana (the cosmic energy of the elements). This teacher training is designed for yoga practitioners of all styles who would like to learn to teach a dynamic, joyful and safe yoga experience on the water.
You don’t need to be a yoga teacher for this teacher training. However, this course will assume a certain amount of proficiency as both paddlers and yoga practitioners. This training does not focus on the details of each pose, but rather on techniques for finding balance on the paddle board within each pose.
SUP Yoga YTT Curriculum:
-Discover the Joy of teaching SUP Yoga and how to create a successful Yoga on Water Experience!
– Learn how to create a Yoga Flow Sequence on the water with unique sequences by Elka Yoga, developed and designed specifically for SUP Yoga. Elka offers fresh and creative features throughout her training, including utilizing the paddle as a tool for finding balance on the board.
– Strengthen Paddle Boarding Skills: Learn how to stand up with confidence on the paddle board. Discover vital strokes for controlling speed and maneuvering with ease and grace.
– Discover Paddle Board History: Learn the history behind this unique water sport and uncover the materials used to make the boards.
– Understand Paddle Board Gear Requirements & SUP Yoga Preferences: Learn how to choose and utilize the correct boards for yoga. Discover the kind of gear to use to anchor students and instructors. Additionally, discover what gear is needed and legally required, as well as what gear an instructor should always carry. You will also learn how to utilize this gear to always ensure the safety of your students.
– Learn Water Safety and Rescue: Learn how to be prepared and confident and keep students safe at all times. Discover what to do in various situations that require your immediate and appropriate action. This includes the best methods for contacting help, rescuing a conscious and unconscious victim, safely maneuvering you and students through unexpected rough water, cold water, seasickness, heat stroke, etc.
– Discover vital tools for creating your SUP Yoga business: Learn the most effective methods for marketing your classes to the community. Learn the details of location permits and how to negotiate these permits. Also understand how to negotiate public and private property access and parking and water access. Additionally, you will learn essential information for pricing classes, taking payments on-site, liability insurance and waivers, and marketing and partnering with yoga studios and board rental shops. You will also discover vital tools for creating an online presence, including booking classes and registration, and creating a viral marketing movement using social media and more!
– Includes paddleboard, paddle and life vest rental for each day of training.
– 25 hours Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This training is for anyone who either loves doing SUP Yoga and wants to immerse in 3 days on the water, or for those who want to get the Elka Yoga Certification to teach SUP Yoga. You will have a teaching opportunity to teach for Elka Yoga at Liberty Station, however, in order for you to teach SUP Yoga, ideally you are either a 200 hour RYT teacher through Yoga Alliance or plan to become one. Additionally, if you are not currently CPR and First Aid certified, you need to plan on completing these courses to teach SUP Yoga. The World Paddle Association (WPA) Level 1 Instructor Certification is recommended, but not required. After completing the Elka Yoga SUP Yoga YTT course, you will be eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through Yoga Alliance!
Dates: July 23rd- July 25th, 2021
–Friday, July 23rd: 8am- 5pm
–Saturday, July 24th: 8am- 3pm
–Sunday, July 25th: 8am-12pm
Plus, the opportunity for 5 hours of practice teaching (optional for those who do not want to teach)!
Elka Yoga SUP YTT: $795 (includes paddleboard, paddle and life vest rental)
Early bird discount (paid by June 30th): $720 (save $75! Venmo @Elka-Haeckel for early bird discount or sign up at PierToPointWellness.com)
Venmo discount: $25 off (for early bird and regular price – Venmo @Elka-Haeckel)
Where is it happening?Pier to Point Yoga & Wellness Center, 4166 Voltaire St, San Diego, United States