Denver Rare Beer Tasting -- Lucky 13th Edition
Fri Oct 07 2022 at 12:00 pm to 04:00 pm
McNichols Building | Denver, CO
AdvertisementDENVER, CO – The lucky 13th annual Denver Rare Beer Tasting released a list of 58 of America’s leading craft breweries that have committed to pour at the Oct. 7th event to raise funds for Pints for Prostates.
The prostate cancer awareness event takes place in Colorado during the same weekend as the Great American Beer Festival. The Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 features the chance to sample rare, exotic and vintage beers from dozens of leading craft breweries and the opportunity to meet the men and women who made them.
“We’re thrilled to bring the tradition of the Denver Rare Beer Tasting back this year. This event is a favorite of both craft brewers and beer fans. This celebration of beer passion allows us to reach men through the universal language of beer with an important health message,” said Rick Lyke, founder of Pints for Prostates. “A group of highly regarded American craft breweries will be serving a collection of the most unique beers on the planet. And it’s all for a great cause, fighting prostate cancer.”
The beer list for the 13th Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 includes:
• Alamo Beer, San Antonio, TX, Gewurztraminer Sour Berliner Weisse, Imperial Mesquite Brown, Imperial Marshmallow Stout, Coconut Stout and Honey Barleywine;
• Amalgam Brewing, Denver, CO, Vanilla Boysenberry Reduction;
• Avery Brewing, Boulder, CO, 2010 Mephistopheles' Stout;
• Baere Brewing, Denver, CO*, Bring The Greenback;
• Barrique Brewing & Blending, Nashville, TN*, Wet Hop Reserve;
• Beachwood Brewing, Long Beach, CA*, Barrel-Aged Full Malted Jacket and Funk Yeah Lost Time;
• Big Sky Brewing, Missoula, MT, 2020 Ivan the Terrible Imperial Stout;
• Boston Beer, Boston, MA, Platinum Blonde and Utopias (Not So) Old Fashioned;
• Bottle Logic Brewing, Anaheim, CA, Static Momentum;
• Bow & Arrow Brewing, Albuquerque, NM*, Spiced Belgian Table Beer;
• Branch & Bone Artisan Ales, Dayton, OH, Detrick Reserve and Trinity Of Oak;
• Broken Compass Brewing, Breckenridge, CO*, The Town Bicycle;
• Bruz Beers, Denver, CO*, Drenched Peach and Currant Serenite Barrique;
• Burns Family Artisan Ales, Denver, CO, Precambrian Megaripple and Ode To Yggdrasil Solar Eclipse;
• Casey Brewing and Blending, Denver, CO, West Bank;
• Cellar West Artisan Ales, Lafayette, CO*, Make Hay;
• Cerebral Brewing, Denver, CO, Monsters at Midnight;
• Cosmic Eye Brewing, Lincoln, NE*, Steambreather Dampfbier;
• Denton County Brewing, Denton, TX*, Pêches Sauvage;
• Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE, Palo Santo Marron Aged in Laphroaig Barrels and Reap the Whirlwind;
• Drekker Brewing, Fargo, SD, Zoltar Speaks and Decidedly So;
• Dry Dock Brewing, Aurora, CO, 2018 Bligh's Barleywine;
• Ecliptic Brewing, Portland, OR, Falling Asteroid Bourbon-Aged Imperial Porter;
• Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, CA, No Ends, Only Beginnings;
• Forager Brewing, Rochester, MN, Wolf and Otter;
• Fremont Brewing, Seattle, WA, Brew 4000;
• Garden Path Fermentation, Burlington, WA, Black is Beautiful Westland Whiskey New Oak Barrel-Aged Edition;
• Great Divide Brewing, Denver, CO, Laws Whiskey House Barrel-Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and Horchata Yeti;
• Jagged Mountain Craft Brewery, Denver, CO*, MAPLE MAPLE MAPLE!
• Joyride Brewing, Edgewater, CO, 2022 Barrel-Aged Loxodonta Imperial Stout;
• Kane Brewing, Ocean, NJ, Triple Barrel-Aged Rip Van Winkle Wooden Cleat, Field & Oak - Peach & Nectarine 2020 Harvest and Field & Oak - Three Blend No. 1;
• Left Hand Brewing, Longmont, CA, Barrel-Aged Wake Up Dead and 25+One Anniversary Stout;
• The Lost Abbey, San Marcos, CA, Yellow Bus and 15th Anniversary Angel’s Share;
• Metazoa Brewing, Indianapolis, IN*, Mortal Wombat, Barktoberfest, Fresh Hop IPA and Fresh Hop Hazy IPA;
• Moksa Brewing, Rocklin, CA, Birthday Barleywine and Pastry Mode;
• Nebraska Brewing, La Vista, NE, Melange A Trois and MOAB (Mother Of All Bettys);
• New Image Brewing, Arvada, CO, 9505 Barrel-Aged Barleywine;
• NoDa Brewing, Charlotte, NC, Old and New Monstro;
• Odyssey Beerwerks, Arvada, CO, Blueberry Maple Pancake Barrel-Aged Imperial Porter;
• Olde Hickory Brewery, Hickory, NC, Omega Point 25th Anniversary Beer;
• Ozark Beer, Rogers, AR, Meryl Haggard (Meryl not Merle!);
• Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, MO, SdC Blend 2022: Vanuatu;
• Prison City Brewing, Auburn, NY, Barrel-Aged Wham Whams;
• Radiant Beer, Anaheim, CA*, Germany By Way of Texas;
• The Referend Bier Blendery, Kutztown, PA*, Tender Buttons 2020;
• River North Brewery, Denver, CO, Double Barrel-Aged Father Time and Double-Barrel Aged Shadowman;
• Rowley Farmhouse Ales, Santa Fe, NM, If You Must - Tablas Creek;
• Saint Arnold Brewing, Houston, TX, 2021 Pumpkinator Aged in Bourbon Barrels;
• Sierra Nevada Brewing, Chico, CA, AHS Pigs In A Kilt and Bigfoot 2012;
• Spice Trade Brewery & Kitchen, Greenwood Village, CO*, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Farmhouse;
• Trophy Brewing, Raleigh, NC, Heavyweight Champ;
• Union Craft Brewing, Baltimore, MD, Bright Light Dry Hopped Barrel-Aged Saison;
• Verboten Brewing, Loveland, CO, 2021 Double Oaked Amburana Grow Old With You and 2022 Not a Speck of Light: German Chocolate;
• Wayfinder Beer, Portland, OR*, ‘21 BeYOB Doppelbock;
• Weathered Souls Brewing, San Antonio, TX, Barrel-Aged #BIL;
• WeldWerks Brewing, Greeley, CO, MD (Medianoche Derivation) Blend #1 and Vanilla Moonlight;
• Westbound & Down Brewing, Idaho Springs, CO, Single Barrel Select: Heaven Hill Double Absence and Single Barrel Select: Weller Louie;
• WestFax Brewing, Lakewood, CO, Peanut Butter Chocolate Beta Wave;
• Wild Mind Ales, Minneapolis, MN, Die Dreaming and Sonic Painting; and
• Woods Boss Brewing, Denver, CO, Barrel-Aged Imperial Hisolda and Razzy Morals.
(* First Denver Rare Beer Tasting appearance.)
Breweries bring some of their rarest brews to the annual tasting. The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13 will be released prior to the event.
In addition to the beer and silent auction donations made by participating breweries, All About Beer is the media sponsor for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting 13. Additional sponsorship packages are available for companies that wish to take part in this boutique tasting.
Tickets for the event are now on sale for $200 at https://pintsforprostates.ticketspice.com/denver-rare-beer-tasting-lucky-13. Each attendee receives beer samples, lunch, collectible tasting glass, t-shirt and program. Included in the ticket price guests will have the chance to meet the men and women who brewed the rare beers being served, be entered in a drawing to win an amazing beer trip, bid in an exciting silent auction that includes a variety of unique beer experiences and collectibles, and participate in the Brewers Health Initiative, a free men’s health screening.
“We launched this event in 2009 with the idea that the Denver Rare Beer Tasting would be a special experience for beer fans and brewers,” said Lyke. “This event is about the beer, the people and the cause – men’s health. We’re proud the Denver Rare Beer Tasting is recognized as one of the best craft beer events in the U.S. and that we have provided free health screenings for thousands of men.”
This year there will be a single admission format with a four hour session for all ticket buyers. The number of available tickets have been reduced, with just 600 tickets available to the public. Breweries will be pouring on three floors of the McNichols Civic Center Building at 144 W. Colfax Ave.
Each of these moves are designed to create less crowding and more space for people to relax while sampling the beers. All attendees must present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID or a negative test result within 48 hours of the event.
Pints for Prostates is a 501(c)3 non-profit charity and all net proceeds from Denver Rare Beer Tasting go towards the group’s awareness mission, education and support programs, and free prostate cancer screening programs.
Where is it happening?McNichols Building, 144 W Colfax Ave,Denver,CO,United States, Denver, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: